Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cookbooks
Extremely disappointed in new recipe book our table

sleepwalking

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 3:20 pm
Anyone else feel the same way? There is not one recipe there that appeals to me...

bluesclues

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 3:23 pm
Totally not. I made a nice amount of recipes from this cookbook and every one of them I was delicious.

sleepwalking

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 3:24 pm
bluesclues wrote:
Totally not. I made a nice amount of recipes from this cookbook and every one of them I was delicious.

What recipes did you make?

kenz

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 3:25 pm
Nope - I love it. I have made a few things from it already and they have all been winners, especially the broiled garlic - I forget the offical name - for challah dipping. It's sooo good. I also made a roast that came out delicious over the yamim tovim and the babka buns (I'm 99% sure they came from that book) were a huge hit in my house. It's not a "heimish" cookbook though, so if that's what you're drawn to, it's not going to work. As part of my massive cookbook collection it's a delightful addition.

bluesclues

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 3:27 pm
Mushroom barley soup
Manicotti
Kichel
Puff pastry squares with ground meat
I know I made more just don't remember what.

cnc

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 3:38 pm
I can't make most things due to interesting diet restrictions but I borrowed it from the library and looked through it. (To see whether it is worth it for me to purchase.)
It's a gorgeous cookbook. The photos are beautiful and the instructions are clear . I found many many interesting recipes- if not for my crazy diet I would buy it right away.

hayag1

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 3:43 pm
I think it's a beautiful cookbook and I made a lot of recipes from it, all of which were delicious.

Mushroom barley soup
Split pea soup
Butternut squash shoul
Chicken nuggets
Meat manicotti
Spicy meat pockets
Pepper olive dip
Roasted eggplant
Challah
Mini babkas
Standing rib roast (only thing that didn't really work out and needed improvisation but the flavor was great)
Silan salmon
Broccoli salad
Mascha salad
Portobello mushroom quiche

And possibly make that I can't remember...

Chloe

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 5:51 pm
I think you should change the title, it might fall into the category of Loshon Hora.

Mommycookies

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 6:43 pm
I love it. So far made the apple crisp, mashas salad, chicken nuggets and the london broil. All absolutely delicious. Easy and clear recipes. It is an amazing and gorgeous cookbook!

das

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 6:50 pm
Chloe wrote:
I think you should change the title, it might fall into the category of Loshon Hora.

I agree.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics