Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Idiot proof babywearing

mha3484

Post Tue, Nov 22 2016, 5:16 pm
When my last child was born I tried a moby wrap and really did not like it. It was too much fabric and hard for me to tie. I am expecting my third soon and I really want to try again. Many of my friends have told me that it made their transition from 2 to 3 much easier. What are the most idiot proof baby carriers for a newbie? One friend has a ring sling that she loves and I have heard about the K'Tan also. Thanks. I am 5'2 and petite if it matters as I have heard the Ergo is best for tall people. Any advice would be so helpful.

amother
Jetblack

Post Tue, Nov 22 2016, 5:26 pm
You'd probably do well with a soft structured carrier. I used a boba and it fit me and my husband well. I'm short and petite, he's tall and broad.

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, Nov 22 2016, 5:49 pm
I'm 5' and petite and used the ergo a lot. But it's not great for newborns. There's an insert you can get, but it's bulky.

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, Nov 22 2016, 5:50 pm
The ergo is pretty idiot proof though.

mha3484

Post Tue, Nov 22 2016, 6:05 pm
I looked up the boba and I like it. Thanks! Are ring slings easy to use?

pesek zman

Post Tue, Nov 22 2016, 6:11 pm
My recommendation is to go to a store that sells lots of carriers and ideally to take a babywearing class. It important not only to get the besr carrier for your build but also to make sure you are wearing it properly. I took a class and it was $ well spent as I wore my baby daily till she was 14 months.

mille

Post Tue, Nov 22 2016, 7:34 pm
There's a definite learning curve with ring slings. I agree with getting a soft structured carrier. I know people who really like the lillebaby one.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Nov 22 2016, 10:29 pm
Petite babywearer here who feels that the Pikkolo Catbird is super easy to use and works great with no inserts for babies from birth (about 8 lbs really) to older babies. Still using for my 12 mo old.

sky

Post Tue, Nov 22 2016, 10:41 pm
The baby k'tan worked very well for me. It is pretty idiot proof.

Volunteer

Post Tue, Nov 22 2016, 11:56 pm
I'm very short, and I (and my baby) liked the Baby Bjorn. It doesn't have too many buckles and straps, and it never felt loose.

spring13

Post Wed, Nov 23 2016, 1:19 am
I'm short and my husband and I both love out Catbird Baby Pikkolo. Boba and Beco also have nice soft structured carriers though. Take the time to watch a couple of videos and then to practice, you'll get it down quicker than you think.

mha3484

Post Wed, Nov 23 2016, 10:29 am
Thank you all for the help! I am going to look into this more over the next few weeks.

amother
Powderblue

Post Wed, Nov 23 2016, 2:45 pm
Ring slings are not easy.

We like the boba!

The beco butterfly is popular with a friend of mine, because you put the baby in first in a sort of pocket, and you put the carrier + baby then on you, which is idiot-proof for back carrying in particular (and front-carrying as well). I don't think they make it any more, but you can still get it in some stores or second hand.

If you want to compare soft structured baby carriers, see this table: http://www.softstructuredcarriers.com/

mha3484

Post Wed, Nov 23 2016, 2:55 pm
That is so helpful! Thank you.

lucky14

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 3:19 pm
I had ordered the moby and a few like it and I was having so much trouble and there was always too much extra fabric! I got a k'tan and it was SO easy. When my baby got a bit bigger we got an ergo also so my husband and I could both wear it (the k'tan is sized). Ergos are also really easy to use (even easier then the k'tan), but the k'tan is better for infants I think.

irrationalrose

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 3:43 pm
another vote for baby k'tan
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics