Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Snack first and supper later or vice versa?

mother of 2 princess's

Post Mon, May 23 2005, 12:48 pm
just wondered what you guys think is better to give your child a snack when they get home from school and supper later or give them supper straight away and then let them snack.

if you give them a snack what do you give them??

what sort of thing do you give them for supper?

amother

Post Mon, May 23 2005, 1:01 pm
Hi I like 2 give them supper right away and if they want they can snack later. Just b/c from lunch time it's been a long day for them. Since mine only arrive at 5:00pm. For snacks it can be fruits, granola bars, cut up veg like carrots, cukes , tomatoes. Also crackers they can put cream cheese on if not flieshig, otherwise peanut butter. Snack they may help themselves to as long as there's no waste and no mess. But this is 4 my older kids the younger ones I dish out their stuff otherwise who knows what my kitchen will look like.

frielich Wink

timeout

Post Mon, May 23 2005, 3:11 pm
My 3-1/2 year old is always starving when he gets home and very thirsty so I always have orange juice ready cut up apple or grapes it usually keeps him till dinner, but it depends when u serve dinner I usually give it at 5:30pm so he's not to tired or hungry LOL

Chanie

Post Tue, May 24 2005, 3:00 pm
I grew up that we always waited for my father for supper (and being a self-employed business man he often wasn't home till 9 o'clock) We'd eat lightly till then, a bowl of cereal, a muffin and milk, and such.
I do not think I'd wait that long with my children, I find suppertime at a set time is important, but I still try to have supper with my husband at the table. So far my son is only gone in the morning, so 6 o'clock isn't outrageous for him cuz I give him a snack at about 3.

smile

Post Tue, May 24 2005, 3:27 pm
I give a snack at about 3 and supper at 5. My mother in law has prepared for the young ones who come home after 4 a plate with fruit and cookies. And at 6 the WHOLE family eats together supper which I like because everyone tells about their day and the parents are listening.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics