Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Need Help with child's non stop crying!!

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, Dec 11 2016, 7:35 pm
Literally from when he wakes up till he goes to bed this child will cry cry and scream. And he is 4 years old!!! As a baby he would cry when not in my eyesight and I went out working cause I couldn't handle it. But what's now?? I'm going insane!
Always has boo boos. Other kids always fight with him. He loves destroying their games and crafts so that's where the hitting starts. When will he outgrow this???
I know I need to work on myself a lot to not get angry and love him more. But my head hurts!!!!
I think he doesn't have big attention span therfore, will almost never play on his own

pizza4

Post Sun, Dec 11 2016, 7:57 pm
Have you taken him to a dr? Perhaps something is bothering him and kids don't know how to express that so well. If that's not it try a therapist, he might be an anxious child and need more tools to help him calm himself.
I also have a crier, and know how crazy you could go.
I try to give as much positive attention and love when she's calm and when she talks nicely without whining.

baschabad

Post Sun, Dec 11 2016, 7:59 pm
It does sound strange. Possibly something that a pediatrician can help diagnose.
Questions you can ask yourself are: is he eating well? Is he sleeping well? Getting enough exercise? Stimulation? Too much stimulation? Enough attention? Too much negative attention?

Looking at the big picture of what goes on in his life could be helpful.

Hatzlacha!

lizard8

Post Sun, Dec 11 2016, 8:16 pm
I also find non stop crying kids a nightmare. My kids each had their stages, and I was ready to pull my hair out!
Just throwing it out there- I know a kid who had terrible sinus pain and would always be cranky. Once they finally relieved the pressure, he was a different child.

Tiredwithjust2

Post Sun, Dec 11 2016, 8:41 pm
This sounds like my four year old! She is always whining and crying and going on and on. She gets anxious and nervous often from a wide range of things (puppets like Sesame Street to a situation with lots of people to dogs) and that sets it off and then also she just screams and cries at every little thing and any time we say no! My husband and I work hard on not giving in to her and also doing positive reinforcements. However she just doesn't seem to care! I recently asked the pediatrician about it and at first she was going to mention seeing someone but then asked how she behaves in school. Bh she's great in school. The dr said that since she is fine at school then it's a behavior issue from the comforts of home and nothing more serious. I'm going to keep trying to stay positive and not give in but she really tires me out so much I don't want to have more kids!!!!

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, Dec 11 2016, 10:30 pm
Pediatrician said he's fine and perfectly healthy. I think he's just not getting enough attention. When he's calm he could be adorable! I think he's also jealous of the 18 mo baby. Loves teasing him and making him cry. He eats and sleeps well. Best from all he goes to the bathroom every. Single. Dingle. Morning. At 7am. On the dot. And then the second he's done he'll scream to be wiped. Waking the entire family.
That's another issue. Everything he asks for has to be given that split second.
So question now is, how should I give him more attention? I try reading, baking, singing with him. Maybe it's just not enough.
Thanks everyone for your understanding!!
As a baby I would blame the crazy traumatic delivery when he was born, could it still be that?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics