Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Bnos esther malka
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Dec 11 2016, 2:52 pm
Anyone get in there yet? Andif u send there are u happy

amother
Tangerine

Post Sun, Dec 11 2016, 3:35 pm
I send there and am really happy. The principal Mrs. Shore is amazing. I love the fact that it is a small new school, but Rabbi Gellman has years of experience.

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Dec 11 2016, 4:39 pm
I keep hearing mrs. Schorr is good but what about curriculum, teachers etc and what about crowd. Im looking for a working frum crowd.

amother
Tangerine

Post Sun, Dec 11 2016, 4:59 pm
So far my experience has been with great teachers. I'm not sure all of them are as experienced. I know someone was having an issue with a teacher, but she was glad she was able to work it out with the principals.
They teach a lot of hebrew, starting in Primary and don't teach in yiddish. There are no older grades, so we don't know how academic or pressured it will be in junior high.
The parent body is what you described, a frum working crowd. Being a mesores (brooklyn) graduate will not guarantee your daughter a slot- you have to fit the right criteria they are looking for.

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Dec 12 2016, 8:13 am
Bumping this up. Has anyone that applied there gotten an interview?

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Dec 12 2016, 1:56 pm
I know people that got into Bnos Esther Malka already. They definitely had interviews already. my daughters are in the school and I'm very happy. Mrs Schorr is amazing. the school is well run and my girls are happy. I know they're trying to get a more yeshivish crowd and wanted learning families so maybe if your husbands working that's why u didn't get an interview.

amother
Cerulean

Post Mon, Dec 12 2016, 2:23 pm
I would say it is a lot like masores my aunt sends there her husband is working and they are five towns type. She is very happy Bh.

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Dec 12 2016, 3:01 pm
The pple that got in already are learning?

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Dec 12 2016, 6:50 pm
I only know a few people that got in and yes they are learning. they're not looking for a masores crowd even though R' Gelman is principal of Masores. they don't necessarily take all alumni from Masores. they will take people that are working if they are torahdik, tznius mothers, yeshivish etc. try calling the office to schedule an interview

amother
Mustard

Post Sun, Dec 25 2016, 6:34 pm
Bump
Any updates on people who got in and if they have more slots.

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Dec 25 2016, 6:53 pm
I know couple.of pple that got in recently. Did u ever call or just sent in application?

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Dec 25 2016, 6:54 pm
Just wondering whats the crowd there?

amother
Lilac

Post Sun, Dec 25 2016, 7:33 pm
Call

amother
Jade

Post Thu, Aug 10 2017, 5:23 am
Reviving this thread. Can anyone tell me a little more about the crowd in the older grades? (Not for a primary student)
Also what is the current oldest grade?

Chayalle

Post Thu, Aug 10 2017, 6:29 am
oldest grade is fifth grade.

amother
Jade

Post Thu, Aug 10 2017, 6:30 am
Do you know if any of the families there are JPF as this site calls them...

Chayalle

Post Thu, Aug 10 2017, 6:33 am
I would think so.

I have a niece in that class. I know they are very happy there. And as everyone says....Mrs. Schorr is simply awesome.

amother
Cerulean

Post Thu, Aug 10 2017, 6:52 am
My aunt sends there and she Bh just enrolled her fourth kid

amother
Gray

Post Thu, Aug 10 2017, 7:53 am
what do u mean by Just plain frum? Its not a very yeshivish school but its still very frum. I would say most of the fathers are working at the point that they start sending their oldest to school. I would compare it a little bit to Bnos brocha, but maybe its a little more of younger with it crowd.

amother
Tangerine

Post Thu, Aug 10 2017, 9:50 am
I send there, my daughter is in the younger grades. Bh I am thrilled so far.
The crowd is more of a working crowd, the yeshivish people that send are more out of towny than the typical center of lakewood yeshivish. They started getting really picky about who they take. They have tons of applicants and only two classes (with siblings already taking up spots), so they have to say no to a lot of people.
Mrs. Schorr is amazing with the girls, and really takes the time to get to know them (not a lot of schools in Lakewood have this)
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics