Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Escape room recommendations in NYC

Amelia Bedelia

Post Wed, Aug 17 2016, 7:43 pm
Looking for good value. Can anyone recommend a place in Brooklyn or Manhattan, preferably with coupons available on sites such as Groupon?

seeker

Post Wed, Aug 17 2016, 9:28 pm
We did mystery room, it was on or near canal street near Chinatown/bowery/bridge area. No idea about groupons, I went with a group and rented out the whole place, not cheap but so fun and very family friendly. Also the same people have another couple of places in the area that if you do them in order it's like chapters of an ongoing story (but you don't have to, they stand alone just as well)

Amelia Bedelia

Post Wed, Aug 17 2016, 9:53 pm
seeker wrote:
We did mystery room, it was on or near canal street near Chinatown/bowery/bridge area. No idea about groupons, I went with a group and rented out the whole place, not cheap but so fun and very family friendly. Also the same people have another couple of places in the area that if you do them in order it's like chapters of an ongoing story (but you don't have to, they stand alone just as well)

I checked them out, but the one near Chinatown seems to have relocated and looks like tickets aren't being sold at this time for that game.
I found quite a few options on Groupon, some cheaper than others, but I have no idea which ones are good. (Reviews seem to be decent)
On second thought, I'm willing to spend more (without coupons) for a top-rated escape room. Any leads?

amother
Brown

Post Wed, Aug 17 2016, 10:03 pm
Curious what is an escape room?

Amelia Bedelia

Post Wed, Aug 17 2016, 10:15 pm
amother wrote:
Curious what is an escape room?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escape_room

Escape the Room NYC seems interesting. Anyone know of any promo codes?

NovelConcept

Post Wed, Aug 17 2016, 10:24 pm
Doesn't look like something recommended for those who suffer from claustrophobia Wink

Amelia Bedelia

Post Thu, Aug 18 2016, 4:33 pm
Bump

Amelia Bedelia

Post Wed, Aug 24 2016, 11:21 pm
So, we went! This one seemed to have rhe best reviews. http://static.escapetheroomnyc.com/ We chose the Victorian room game.
It was interesting, but I must say, a little disappointing. Our group felt it was too difficult, and unsolvable (for example, reading teeny tiny lettering with a magnifying glass that our group could not decipher, and another example, knowing on our own to place four laser pointers in holes of a cane handle and looking to see where the four points of the laser hit on the walls to solve the clue). We definitely needed more clues, especially at the end. We were only a group of four (out of a maximum of six for this particular game). I would definitely consider doing another game at a later time, but would try a different company next time, and would probably opt for bigger group. More people=more brains.

I would love to hear other people's experiences at escape rooms! Seeker, how was yours? Did you manage to get out of the room with the group, or did you need to be let out after the time was up?

Amelia Bedelia

Post Thu, Aug 25 2016, 2:45 pm
Bump

Raisin

Post Thu, Aug 25 2016, 3:40 pm
we did it with my family (2 adults, 3 teens and 2 under 10s plus a toddler who didn't count.) They gave us clues if they saw we were stuck but my kids and husband are pretty good at that type of thing. (not me lol) We had a blast and it wasn't claustraphobic at all for me. And we won.

aviva-cohen

Post Wed, Dec 14 2016, 3:59 pm
recommendations in Israel
www.escapeteam.co.il
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics