Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Seminary suggestions for "out of town "chilled open BY girl
1  2  Next

RBSMOM

Post Tue, Jan 03 2017, 12:50 pm
We are going to Israel for a wedding and my Daughter wants to visit sems so she can make the best choice. She is looking for a place where girls are growing, want to know the whys, are very deep and VERY fun! She is not cookie cutter. She said that she would like a BT type school for FFB's. Growing, few rules, frum haskafa, open minded, and girls that are there to grow and not hang out with boys. She is in a BY type school now. She is not looking for a MO school and not super yeshivish. Someplace in between. Thank you your thoughts...please describe what you know about the schools.

Last edited by RBSMOM on Tue, Jan 03 2017, 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

allthingsblue

Post Tue, Jan 03 2017, 12:57 pm
Maybe maor?

amother
Copper

Post Tue, Jan 03 2017, 1:00 pm
Machon Raya might be a good option.

amother
Apricot

Post Tue, Jan 03 2017, 1:05 pm
Ateres sounds like a great option!
Very warm loving staff and can totally ask questions and chill, yet everyone there is so nice and growing. It is considered a BY school but not super yeshivish like the other sems like BJJ/BYA/Nachlas etc.

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, Jan 03 2017, 2:13 pm
Darchei Binah?

amother
Copper

Post Tue, Jan 03 2017, 2:16 pm
I think all of the above mentioned sound like good options to look into.

Perhaps your daughter would like Bnos Avigayil.

amother
Sapphire

Post Tue, Jan 03 2017, 2:26 pm
seconding the motion for Bnos Avigail! My dd is there now and loving it...Reb. Heller is as deep as they come, and being on the neve campus girls have exposure to all types. But it is an academic school that is also fun, not just a fun school, she needs the grades for it.

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, Jan 03 2017, 2:43 pm
I agree about ateres and maor.

I think machon Raya would be too intense for someone who wants "chilled."
And darchei binah is a wonderful place, I went there and stayed for Shana bet, it's not officially a BY and there are many girls who come from non BY schools and are not planning to live a BY life.

tigerwife

Post Tue, Jan 03 2017, 2:47 pm
What about Seminar?

amother
Indigo

Post Tue, Jan 03 2017, 3:25 pm
how about Michlalah - or is that too academic for what she is looking for?

naturalmom5

Post Tue, Jan 03 2017, 4:04 pm
Hadar... JK Very Happy

RBSMOM

Post Tue, Jan 03 2017, 4:21 pm
Some of these sound too academic and too Bais Yaakovy for her. Anyone have thoughts or know about pninim, Tomar Devorah, be'er Miriam, afiki Torah, darchei Emunah?

Momofsons

Post Tue, Jan 03 2017, 4:42 pm
Tomer Devorah is a seminary geared towards motivated girls who are very growth oriented. The staff is very approachable, and most girls develop close relationships with the female staff members and feel comfortable to explore and ask questions. The classes are stimulating while the general environment is relaxed, and warm. If you will be in Israel visiting seminaries it is definitely worth a visit.

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, Jan 03 2017, 4:53 pm
Afikei Torah closed down.

I misread the op: instead of BT is saw BY! In that case, I do indeed suggest darchei binah (where I developed a genuine relationship with Hashem and love of Israel and Judaism); peninim; tomer Devora;
definitely not ateres or machon Raya- both are too intense BY.

amother
Apricot

Post Tue, Jan 03 2017, 7:22 pm
amother wrote:

I misread the op: instead of BT is saw BY! In that case, I do indeed suggest darchei binah (where I developed a genuine relationship with Hashem and love of Israel and Judaism); peninim; tomer Devora;
definitely not ateres or machon Raya- both are too intense BY.

LOL I think I also read BY insead of BT
Ateres def. BY and all BY rules in terms of tznius (no leggings, only knee socks, collared shirts etc.) but they do have room for individuality and allow all types of questions. Was one or two BT girls there but mostly FFBs, some with BT parents.

amother
Rose

Post Tue, Jan 03 2017, 8:04 pm
Pninim or nachlas

allthingsblue

Post Tue, Jan 03 2017, 9:17 pm
amother wrote:
Pninim or nachlas

Nachas is about as BY as you can get... I don't think it's a match for op's daughter

amother
Orange

Post Tue, Jan 03 2017, 11:30 pm
Tomer Devorah and Darchei Emunah (the one in Tsfat? that changed it's name) is going to have many girls that hang out with boys. I know that with TD, the hanhala is ok with it, which was a deal breaker for us.

Sounds like Darchei Bina might be good if you have the kind of girl who won't want to hang out with boys on Ben Yehuda, because it's a large school and there is that element. Personally, we kept our "chilled" dd in the States because she was not so strong and needed much more supervision.

reality mom

Post Tue, Jan 03 2017, 11:39 pm
Sounds like youre looking for Lahav. It's a half year seminary with the option of continuing on untill Pesach. Not so academic, but super chilled and growth oriented.

imasinger

Post Tue, Jan 03 2017, 11:41 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
Hadar... JK Very Happy

Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children