Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Corruption in Ramapo
1  2  Next

amother
Honeydew

Post Wed, Jan 04 2017, 1:03 am
Whats going on in Ramapo?

Is corruption uniquely rampant in Ramapo, if it lead to a possible suicide?

Which battles are being fought and for what purpose?

Who are the good guys?

Will corruption decrease or increase, based on who the current elected officials are?

amother
Lavender

Post Wed, Jan 04 2017, 2:41 am
I don't think anyone doubts corruption exists in ramapo. That doesn't mean anyone should commit suicide. He was definitely a good guy and it's incredibly sad Sad

saw50st8

Post Wed, Jan 04 2017, 7:54 am
Ramapo is probably the most corrupt place in the US. It's been dirty as long as I've been alive and I'm sure plenty before that. The best advice I can give you is to move out before the corruption affects you directly.

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Jan 04 2017, 8:20 am
From what I understand this young man who comitted suicide was actually involved in exposing the corruption, not the other way around.
BDE

watergirl

Post Wed, Jan 04 2017, 8:22 am
What happened?
ETA - I googled. Oyy. Hashem Yerachem.

amother
Honeydew

Post Wed, Jan 04 2017, 8:49 am
amother wrote:
From what I understand this young man who comitted suicide was actually involved in exposing the corruption, not the other way around.
BDE

OP here. Yes I read he fought corruption.

I hope those who led to this sad ending pay for their deeds.

amother
Lavender

Post Wed, Jan 04 2017, 8:58 am
delete

amother
Honeydew

Post Wed, Jan 04 2017, 9:03 am
amother wrote:
I don't think others can be blamed for a decision he chose. Unless of course he was coerced or threatened into doing this which the news sources haven't been saying. He was fighting corruption. Even if it was a losing battle that is no one else forcing him to end his life. It's just so mind boggling. I knew him personally and he always seemed so happy.

We dont know at this point if he was drugged or something.

Also, sometimes just having to deal with certain issues and certain people can drive a person mad.

amother
Burgundy

Post Wed, Jan 04 2017, 9:25 am
Who knows if he was being threatened or blackmailed?

saw50st8

Post Wed, Jan 04 2017, 10:14 am
amother wrote:
BDE

Yes, from what I've heard he was a great guy. It's unfortunate. I don't doubt he was blackmailed or threatened in some way and it got to him.

BrachaBatya

Post Wed, Jan 04 2017, 10:15 am
I live in Rockland County and am so sad about this suicide. So devastating and terrible. Ramapo is SO CORRUPT. It's a real Chilul HaShem when Jews are involved in it, which, unfortunately, some are.

amother
Honeydew

Post Wed, Jan 04 2017, 10:21 am
I hope this leads to all the corrupt ones being exposed!

Until then good people will lose and suffer.

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Jan 04 2017, 10:28 am
Right now, there is a mother waiting for someone to find the body of her beloved son, so that he can be buried. There is a father consulting his rabbi about shiva, if the body cannot be found.

Let's not add to their pain by speculating about what happened to him. Let's just send our thoughts and prayers to his family.

If you want to discuss corruption in Ramapo, do it in another thread. I'm all in for it.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Jan 04 2017, 10:40 am
Please never ever start threads like this (certainly not when the news is fresh, but also never). If it's a tragedy in the frum world, people on this site know the victim personally. It is gossipy and hurtful to share the details and speculate.
The only thing appropriate is to post when there is a missing person or to post shiva details if you believe there are people who want to be menachem avel and wouldn't find out otherwise.

saw50st8

Post Wed, Jan 04 2017, 11:14 am
SixOfWands wrote:
Right now, there is a mother waiting for someone to find the body of her beloved son, so that he can be buried. There is a father consulting his rabbi about shiva, if the body cannot be found.

Let's not add to their pain by speculating about what happened to him. Let's just send our thoughts and prayers to his family.

If you want to discuss corruption in Ramapo, do it in another thread. I'm all in for it.

OP actually started this thread to talk about the corruption in ramapo, not specifically gossip about the man. The only real reference to him was in her title.

sourstix

Post Wed, Jan 04 2017, 11:20 am
So let's discuss the corruption. Nu.....what is going on there?

amother
Lavender

Post Wed, Jan 04 2017, 11:42 am
amother wrote:
We dont know at this point if he was drugged or something.

Also, sometimes just having to deal with certain issues and certain people can drive a person mad.

Please delete your quote of my post. I don't want it to in any way cause the famiy more pain. Thanks!

Carmen Luna

Post Wed, Jan 04 2017, 2:58 pm
What is it about Ramapo that sounds like downtown Colombia. What is SOOOO corrupt there??

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Jan 04 2017, 4:19 pm
The town supervisor was arrested for major corruption. He's been in cahoots with a lot of the Jewish community and it's not good. He allowed overdevelopment because he was paid off to keep quiet and not adhere to the zoning laws.

He is accused of selling $150 million in municipal bonds based on fabricated
Town financial documents that overstated the town revenues to potentially better interest rates on the loan. His son has also been indicted. He also built a stadium using $25 million in bonds etc. it is labeled the most corrupt town in all of the US. Yay Monsey!!!! Just kidding by the way. It's disgusting and we pay taxes through the roof!'n

Last edited by thunderstorm on Wed, Jan 04 2017, 4:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Wed, Jan 04 2017, 4:23 pm
Don't believe any of the stories. I made them all up. No one knows about the corruption but me.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics