Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Looking for a top dentist in lakewood
1  2  3  Next

lkwdlady

Post Tue, Jan 03 2017, 1:33 pm
I don't have dental insurance. I just want a really great dentist for myself. Please tell me who you recommend.

sky

Post Tue, Jan 03 2017, 2:42 pm
I Think Dr Wasserman and Polinsky practice is great...but I don't know if they are seeing new patients. They have a very new dr who is seeing the new patients, so I don't know how he is.
If you get put on a waiting list and they call you last minute they charge slightly less.

Chayalle

Post Tue, Jan 03 2017, 2:42 pm
I've been very happy with Dr Wasserman/Polinsky practice. (I do have insurance, though...)

My sisters go to Dr Bressler's practice. I believe they are on some sort of plan where they get discounted rates there.

Just putting some names out there for you.....Hatzlacha.

lkwdlady

Post Tue, Jan 03 2017, 3:23 pm
Thank you for the replies. I would not want to use the new dentist by wassermen/polinsky (only because I want someone experienced). Who should I ask for there (assuming I would even have an option)?

Are your sisters happy with dr. Bresler? I heard that it's a father son team. Any idea which one they use?

Chayalle

Post Tue, Jan 03 2017, 3:46 pm
Actually I believe Dr. Bressler is a husband/wife team. I think they use Dr. Hannah. They are happy with the practice.

naturalmom5

Post Tue, Jan 03 2017, 4:06 pm
L Family Dental Todd Plaza if you can get an appt

Emmy1234

Post Tue, Jan 03 2017, 8:05 pm
Hi, we use the Bressler practice and have been happy with them - they are actually a husband, wife, and son practice now. We have used all 3 and they all seem very capable. They also accept UHP, which is the dental discount program another poster mentioned (great for those with no insurance) and now I think they offer their own version of a dental discount program. Hatzlacha Rabba!!

benny

Post Tue, Jan 03 2017, 8:09 pm
Lakehurst dental near Lakewood. I and anyone I've recommended was very happy.

sbmom

Post Tue, Jan 03 2017, 8:12 pm
Dr. Englard is great.

sky

Post Wed, Jan 04 2017, 10:04 am
both Dr Wasserman and Polinsky are good. Dr Wasserman isn't there so much now so we see Dr Polinsky more. Very happy with him, he is not fast to do fillings on kids,

Bins

Post Wed, Jan 04 2017, 11:12 am
Dr Perle from cambridge dental is absolutely fantastic. As for bressler.... you get what you pay for stay far away!

lkwdlady

Post Wed, Jan 04 2017, 11:34 am
Bins wrote:
Dr Perle from cambridge dental is absolutely fantastic. As for bressler.... you get what you pay for stay far away!

Wow, it sounds like you had a bad experience with dr. Bresler. Where ever I go I Have to pay. Why are you saying that you get what you pay for w/ dr. Bresler? I was actually thinking of calling them. Can you tell me what happened? I never heard of dr. Perle. Has anyone else used him?

Bins

Post Wed, Jan 04 2017, 11:50 am
Dr bressler has a uhp plan to scam you into thinking you're getting a deal. I had a root canal and crown done a few years ago by dr bressler. Last year I was in a lot of pain so I went to dr Perle who was highly recommended by a friend. He showed me on the x rays how the crown was fit terribly leading to more decay on the neighboring teeth. I had to redo the whole thing. I went to speak to dr Hannah about it and she was absolutely horrible to me. Dr Perle is the nicest most honest dr. He went to school at Harvard and has a practice in Boston. He just moved to Lakewood so his practice in Lakewood is new. He explains everything clearly and is so skilled! Can't say enough good things about him.

lkwdlady

Post Tue, Jan 10 2017, 12:21 pm
Bins wrote:
Dr bressler has a uhp plan to scam you into thinking you're getting a deal. I had a root canal and crown done a few years ago by dr bressler. Last year I was in a lot of pain so I went to dr Perle who was highly recommended by a friend. He showed me on the x rays how the crown was fit terribly leading to more decay on the neighboring teeth. I had to redo the whole thing. I went to speak to dr Hannah about it and she was absolutely horrible to me. Dr Perle is the nicest most honest dr. He went to school at Harvard and has a practice in Boston. He just moved to Lakewood so his practice in Lakewood is new. He explains everything clearly and is so skilled! Can't say enough good things about him.

How are the prices by Dr. Perle? Does he do the work himself or does he have assistants who do most of the work? How did you hear of him? Do you know other people who use him? Thanks

Chayalle

Post Tue, Jan 10 2017, 2:28 pm
I'd be a bit weary of a new dentist who comes to town and puts down the work of other dentists.

There's a certain percentage of root canals that fail. I had a root canal a number of years ago that did not take, and I ended up having to have an apicoectomy. In no way do I think the dentist who did the root canal is at fault.

OTOH (B"H haven't needed one since) if I ever needed another root canal, maybe I would choose to go to an endodentist. I used Dr Zohn in Freehold for the apicoectomy and was very pleased. They are more specialized and do far more root canals than a regular dentist does.

cy

Post Tue, Jan 10 2017, 2:37 pm
Have not heard great things about bressler. Todres is good. Careful and honest.

Bins

Post Tue, Jan 10 2017, 6:58 pm
I don't usually post on threads but I have strong feelings on the topic. Dr Perle is reasonably priced, as his practice here is new and he does the work himself and is so old school honest. I can understand how what I wrote came across as sounding bad, that he put down someone else's work. But he showed me the X-rays and even to me with zero dental know-how it was so clear how the poorly fit crown caused my other problems. Not much of a question there. Imho dentists are like lawyers, you just have to trust them blindly. I cannot speak highly enough about dr Perle's honesty he explains everything so clearly and is exceptional at what he does. He is not paying me to write this, I was just so impressed with everything about him. And yes I do know of other happy patients.

Simple1

Post Tue, Jan 10 2017, 7:54 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
L Family Dental Todd Plaza if you can get an appt

I didn't find it hard to get an appt.
Is there any one specific you recommend?

cy

Post Tue, Jan 10 2017, 7:59 pm
Lakewood family dental is definitely not a top dentist which is what OP is asking for.

treetop12

Post Tue, Jan 10 2017, 8:00 pm
I have been using Dr Todres for quite a few years and find him to be very honest and good. I would definitely recommend him.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics