Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Need Info From Israeli Amother

amother
Indigo

Post Wed, Jan 04 2017, 2:40 pm
HELP.

One of my kids just flew into Israel to visit with some friends from his gap year, and got sick on the plane. I'm not sure if its a stomach virus or bad sushi.

I want to tell him to run to the drug store to get something like Pepto Bismol, but I don't know if that exists in Israel, or if there's something I should tell him to get.

Can someone help me out?

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Jan 04 2017, 3:09 pm
Unfortunately at this time of night there wont be a pharmacy opened anywhere Sad
In the morning, have him go to a pharmacy and ask for something for a koev beten.
And no, pepto does not exist here.
Refuah sheleima.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, Jan 04 2017, 3:12 pm
Is he in Jerusalem?

If so there is a SuperPharm open at 5 Rechov Burla until 2 am. Their number is 077.888.0020.

I don't know the equivalent, but the employees in the pharmacy should be able to help him...

Refuah sheleima!

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Jan 04 2017, 3:14 pm
amother wrote:
Is he in Jerusalem?

If so there is a SuperPharm open at 5 Rechov Burla until 2 am. Their number is 077.888.0020.

I don't know the equivalent, but the employees in the pharmacy should be able to help him...

Refuah sheleima!
Wow, that I did not know.

bamba

Post Wed, Jan 04 2017, 3:32 pm
I know there are a few pharmacys open around israel until late. I know there's one in tel aviv for sure. Not sure exact location sorry.
And if he wants something like pepto bismol maybe gaviscon will help him they have that in israel.
Also maybe optalgin might help (think they come in drops and pills as well)
I don't actually live in Israel but I've been thru the same troubles whilst there! Hope he feels good!

Liebs

Post Wed, Jan 04 2017, 3:35 pm
I am pretty sure the pharmacy in Center 1 is open till 12. The new part of Center 1, Called superpharm I think, near tachana merkazit.
I think the one in ramot mall open as well until then.
Tell him to drink hot water, if can get chamomile tea even better...maybe he can get a hot water bottle to put on his stomach...
He should take little sips of water so that he shouldn't get dehytdrated.

amother
Blue

Post Wed, Jan 04 2017, 3:51 pm
I think the pharmacy in Nayot (don't remember the street name, it's about a block in from Tzomet Nayot) is also open until 2 am.

amother
Scarlet

Post Wed, Jan 04 2017, 3:51 pm
Just so you know, pepto bismal can make certain types of food poisoning / stomach bugs worse. I recommend he wait - most of thigns disappear within 24 hours. And if it doesn't, then he should see a doctor.

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, Jan 04 2017, 3:57 pm
Kal beten is like pepto bismol.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Jan 04 2017, 3:57 pm
If he's OK with dairy, give him a glass of warm milk, preferably full fat, not skim. The milk will help coat the stomach, and if he does throw it up, will be easier on his throat.

amother
Indigo

Post Wed, Jan 04 2017, 4:50 pm
Thanks everyone. You've been very helpful; I'm grateful for your kindness.

I've sent on your advice, but not sure if he received it, as he also managed to lose the Israeli sim card for his phone. I hope he's sleeping it off and will feel better tomorrow.

(I'm anonymous only in case some poor imamother was stuck near him on the plane, and now hates him and me!)

Teomima

Post Thu, Jan 05 2017, 1:52 pm
A little off topic but in response to the other comments here, fyi each (major) city has an on-duty pharmacy so there's always a pharmacy, somewhere, open. The Jerusalem schedule can be found on the municipalities website.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children