Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Is it spoiled, or would you eat it?

wiki

Post Fri, Jan 06 2017, 7:37 am
I made a pot of rice last night and finished it around 11:30 pm. I poured in the schmaltz from the chicken I had just finished cooking. I left it out to cool because the kitchen was boiling after hours of active stove burners and oven.

Then I put everything else in the fridge a bit after midnight, and forgot that the rice was sitting on the stovetop. Until 7 am.

What would you do?

TIA!

allthingsblue

Post Fri, Jan 06 2017, 7:59 am
I would 100% not eat it. I'm sorry..

amother
Mint

Post Fri, Jan 06 2017, 8:43 am
I would heat it up to cooking temp for a while and then eat it, assuming that it smells and looks ok That's not the official answer I would give people who call me at work but that's what I'd do IRL.

Blue jay

Post Fri, Jan 06 2017, 8:47 am
if it were plain rice, then it would be a different story but the chicken fat would start to go sour after 3 hours. Im sorry, This has happened to me too and I know it stinks. Just throw it in the garbage and dont look back. The rice is not worth all the stomach woes that could happen.

MiracleMama

Post Fri, Jan 06 2017, 8:57 am
Toss. When you weight the cost of a pot of rice against the possibility of giving your family food poisoning... nothing to think about.

wiki

Post Fri, Jan 06 2017, 1:28 pm
OP here. My original inclination was to toss also, unless the Wise Women of the Internet thought otherwise. Thanks for the input!
Will be tossing.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen