Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Would you fly through France?

momaleh

Post Sun, Jan 08 2017, 3:37 am
There are tickets for $497 flying through France. I am sort of terrified of stopping in Europe, especially France, but Elal is $1140 (this is tlv - jfk.) I would by flying by myself. Would you do it?

Teomima

Post Sun, Jan 08 2017, 5:06 am
momaleh wrote:
There are tickets for $497 flying through France. I am sort of terrified of stopping in Europe, especially France, but Elal is $1140 (this is tlv - jfk.) I would by flying by myself. Would you do it?

Absolutely! That's a great price! When is it for, I'm looking for summer deals. Why be terrified of stopping in Europe?

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Jan 08 2017, 5:19 am
I'm flying through France in March. DH flies through there all the time, and has never had a problem.

DH recently flew through Rome, they changed the gate on him 3 times, and no one one at Air Italia spoke a word of English. Denver is a black hole, and has the highest rate of lost luggage in the US. Five people were just murdered in a terror attack in Ft. Lauderdale airport. Istanbul has a tendency to be a big target for bombers. You couldn't pay me enough to fly through Jordan or Kuwait.

All things considered, I think France is by far one of your safest options right now.

momaleh

Post Sun, Jan 08 2017, 5:53 am
Thanks for the replies. It's for 2 weeks from now, for less than a week.
All the things you mention FF are why I'm scared - anywhere really scares me, I'd prefer just Israel and NY, since airports in general seem to be a target these days.

Smile1234

Post Sun, Jan 08 2017, 6:28 am
We booked those tickets for pesach time. Im nervous, but hey - 4 days ago no one was afraid to go to Florida. We live in a crazy world, and we just have the trust in Hashem because He is watching over us. Pray for safety all over the world, and go about your life.

Would I go to Turkey? No. Why is France different? Because it just is Wink And maybe its my non rational self speaking because the tickets are booked and I am not turning back now...

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Jan 08 2017, 6:52 am
I would. I've never flown through France, but I have flown through Germany, Switzerland, and Russia.

If you're not comfortable with France in particular, I'm sure there are other options that would be cheaper than flying direct. But that only helps if there are other countries you're okay with flying through.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics