Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Kids toothpaste that is kosher?

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, Jan 08 2017, 3:19 pm
My kids totally eat toothpaste and so I want to make sure to get them toothpaste to use that is kosher.

They refuse to use Tom's of Maine. Any other recommendations?

I'd rather it be fluoride free, but if I have no choice I'd get it for them with fluoride.

Thank you!

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Jan 08 2017, 3:27 pm
Have you tried all of the Tom's flavors? Some of them are actually pretty yummy. My DD is very sensitive, and can't stand anything "minty", so I get her the mixed berry flavor.

MommyM

Post Sun, Jan 08 2017, 3:50 pm
Orbitol and Adwe both make a children's toothpaste.

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, Jan 12 2017, 4:56 pm
Thank you... are all the Tom's of Maine kosher?

mha3484

Post Thu, Jan 12 2017, 4:58 pm
My son likes the Silly Strawberry from toms of maine. We get it at target.

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 3:10 pm
Unfortunately my kids don't like the strawberry Tom's of Maine... I think they want the minty flavor.

seeker

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 3:20 pm
All the Tom's are kosher, I think. I think they have an orangey one if they don't like strawberry. The main differences between kids and adults' toothpaste is the fluoride, flavors, and design, and Tom's makes fluoride-free for adults as well, so get the mild mint (forgot what it's called but there's a mint that's less spicy that your kids would probably prefer) in fluoride free.

groisamomma

Post Sun, Jan 15 2017, 3:21 pm
MommyM wrote:
Orbitol and Adwe both make a children's toothpaste.

I never tried Orbital, but Adwe does not work as a toothpaste. My kids used them until recently bec dh insisted on kosher (oldest is 12) but once they switched to Colgate whitening toothpaste there is a very noticeable difference in how white their teeth are. After the switch I finally understood why dh's teeth are so yellow, despite brushing his teeth every day and night. Maybe get the kosher paste for the kids now but I would switch back as soon as they're old enough to spit it out.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen