Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Cancun vacation help
1  2  Next

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, Jan 09 2017, 4:05 pm
Hi. Want to go with dh to Cancun. Can you recommend which hotels to stay at? I want there best possible and what about food? Do I need to rent a car? And what do u say about a nine month old nursing baby. Should I leave baby home cuz it will ruin our trip?

All help appreciated. Thanks

amother
Denim

Post Mon, Jan 09 2017, 5:25 pm
amother wrote:
Hi. Want to go with dh to Cancun. Can you recommend which hotels to stay at? I want there best possible and what about food? Do I need to rent a car? And what do u say about a nine month old nursing baby. Should I leave baby home cuz it will ruin our trip?

All help appreciated. Thanks

Food: you can check Chabad online. We got delicious food from them. Nothing fancy, but very appetizing.
There's also a meat restaurant Red Heifer which was great too if you want the restaurant experience. Full of Jewish people.

Baby: of course alone is more fun and relaxing, but I'd never leave a 9 month old home. Too young for me, I'd take along.
You basically won't be able to do spas with your baby.

Hotels: what's your price range.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, Jan 09 2017, 9:28 pm
ThAnks denim. My husband really doesn't want to take baby. He says we can't do any water sports or boating or spa. Is it not worth going with baby? The hotel I'm ready to spend 300-400 approx a night. Give or take. Something beautiful

amother
Denim

Post Mon, Jan 09 2017, 10:52 pm
The only thing you can do there with a baby is basicqlly sit at beach or walk streets.
Where would you leave such a young baby? Just curious.

As per hotels, I can't remember names but if you ask me specifics I might be able to tell you.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Mon, Jan 09 2017, 11:39 pm
How could you leave a nursing baby behind? Maybe postphone your vacation until after you wean.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jan 10 2017, 12:12 am
The Hyatt Ziva Resort is absolutely beautiful. Brand new, built 2 years ago.
It's also 2 blocks or so away from the Red Heifer which is a great steak house.
The Ziva is an all inclusive hotel so depending on what you eat out, you can order in all included packaged boxed cereals and sliced fruit for breakfast, enjoy the snack bar in the room and cocktail drinks around the hotel.
Dinner at the Red Heifer is amazing. Lunch, you've got to know what to order from their parve menu but there's still lots of great options.
You don't need to rent a car. (And I wouldn't suggest it in another country.) You can take a taxi to and from the hotel. You can walk to and through town (but don't hang out late at night). If you do an excursion the packages include transportation, so again, no car needed.
All in all and amazing vacation spot!

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, Jan 10 2017, 12:22 am
Thanks Ramom. My do actually booked that hotel ocean front. Is it busy? I don't want to meet the whole Yiddish community there? Like were u able to go swimming there? And I think I'm gonna take baby along.
I'm just hoping it's still worth going

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, Jan 10 2017, 12:22 am
amother wrote:
Thanks Ramom. My dh actually booked that hotel ocean front. Is it busy? I don't want to meet the whole Yiddish community there? Like were u able to go swimming there? And I think I'm gonna take baby along.
I'm just hoping it's still worth going

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jan 10 2017, 12:39 am
I was there in the summer. It was actually high tourist season but not for our community. I saw one other frum couple there. Yes I went swimming. They weren't at the pool but that wouldn't have made a difference for me in either case. If I swim I swim and if I don't I don't.
There weren't even that many ultra Orthodox people at the restaurant when we were there either, and we went twice a day.
You can expect to see a lot more Jewish people there in the winter during busy season.
Just enjoy it! I'd like to go back one day.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, Jan 10 2017, 12:54 am
Are any sports included? So they have rooms with hot tubs? Is it crazy if I take my baby along?

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jan 10 2017, 1:01 am
amother wrote:
Are any sports included? So they have rooms with hot tubs? Is it crazy if I take my baby along?

There is banana boating part of the resort.
Nightly entertainment. There are also various activities throughout the day.
They have snorkeling and scuba diving right at the resort, also swimming with dolphins, an amazing spa but all for extra fees.
We upgraded to the couples only building and had a hot tub out on the balcony, 15 floors right over the water. It was amazing. This room also gives you some more extra perks. I'm sure they have other rooms with hot tubs that are in other parts of the resort. Just ask.
I know there was more at the resort but I don't remember it all.

leah22

Post Mon, Jan 14 2019, 1:55 pm
Hello,

I'm going to Cancun during Yeshiva week.

Anyone latest information good to know or reviews?

We are booked at the Hyatt Ziva.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jan 14 2019, 2:00 pm
leah22 wrote:
Hello,

I'm going to Cancun during Yeshiva week.

Anyone latest information good to know or reviews?

We are booked at the Hyatt Ziva.

Use a shuttle from and to the airport. Safest, easiest, cheapest option. Book it in advance.

leah22

Post Mon, Jan 14 2019, 2:07 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Use a shuttle from and to the airport. Safest, easiest, cheapest option. Book it in advance.

Thanks, what about food?

Is it a scary place or I will see Jewish ppl from time to time?

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jan 14 2019, 2:15 pm
leah22 wrote:
Thanks what about food?

Is it scary or I will see Jewish ppl from time to time?

You can obtain boxed hechshered cereal from the Hyatt. Also cut fruit. Coffee. If you need cholov yisroel milk bring powdered. If you bring your own frying pan you can turn on the flame and have them make you fresh eggs. Also salmon with fresh herbs or bring your own spices. You can ask them for fresh vegetables.

If you're able to, bring lunch items with you like the flat packets of tuna, mayo packets, logs of salami, breads, crackers, peanut butter, oatmeal packets, soup cups, granola bars... For some reason customs doesn't allow turkey but meat is fine. Make sure all meat you bring in is US sealed. They freak out from Israeli companies as they don't know what it says.

Dinner eat out at Red Heifers.

Not scary. But I wouldn't walk around outside the resort in the evening without a man. Smile And I'm sure you'll see Jewish people from time to time. Smile

amother
Salmon

Post Mon, Jan 14 2019, 2:18 pm
There’s also a new restaurant in Cancun if u want a change, we did love red heifer though

amother
Denim

Post Mon, Jan 14 2019, 2:21 pm
Contact Chabad there they sell and deliver food

leah22

Post Mon, Jan 14 2019, 2:24 pm
amother wrote:
There’s also a new restaurant in Cancun if u want a change, we did love red heifer though

Thanks whats the name?

leah22

Post Mon, Jan 14 2019, 2:29 pm
Anyone here will be there?

cnc

Post Mon, Jan 14 2019, 2:43 pm
ra_mom wrote:
You can obtain boxed hechshered cereal from the Hyatt. Also cut fruit. Coffee. If you need cholov yisroel milk bring powdered. If you bring your own frying pan you can turn on the flame and have them make you fresh eggs. Also salmon with fresh herbs or bring your own spices. You can ask them for fresh vegetables.

If you're able to, bring lunch items with you like the flat packets of tuna, mayo packets, logs of salami, breads, crackers, peanut butter, oatmeal packets, soup cups, granola bars... For some reason customs doesn't allow turkey but meat is fine. Make sure all meat you bring in is US sealed. They freak out from Israeli companies as they don't know what it says.

Dinner eat out at Red Heifers.

Not scary. But I wouldn't walk around outside the resort in the evening without a man. Smile And I'm sure you'll see Jewish people from time to time. Smile

They don't allow meat.
They officially allow sealed chicken but have been known to confiscate it anyways.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics