Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
How do I mark meat and dairy on metal utensils??

LAmom613

Post Mon, Jan 09 2017, 11:57 pm
Is there any way to mark meat and dairy on metal forks and spoons, that won't just wash or rub off? (Not using stickers or markers that rub off)
Is there any sharpie or anything that wil permanently mark a metal utensil???
Thank you!!

lkwdgirl

Post Tue, Jan 10 2017, 12:05 am
Paint markers or colored nail polish should do the trick

gamanit

Post Tue, Jan 10 2017, 12:07 am
Do you know if nail polish is food safe? I'm nervous that if I soak my dishes in warm water I'll end up with toxins over everything.

seeker

Post Tue, Jan 10 2017, 12:57 am
Nail polish and paint markers are definitely not food safe but I doubt it would come off onto food very easily. In my experience the things that need marking are not the things I soak much anyway. My regular dishes and flatware are different patterns so I don't need to label them, and if I wrote "meat" on the handle of my frying pan that's not really getting soaked together with other food things. And even if it were, it's getting all rinsed off. So I wouldn't worry too hard about this.

LittleDucky

Post Tue, Jan 10 2017, 2:30 am
Permanently carve a "D" (it may look like an O) and an F.
Depending on the material you can use a Dremel tool. It isn't easy- I tried it once (a friend was doing it so I brought a few things over). It wasn't neat or pretty but it did the job. But it was easier to get two different colors/styles Very Happy

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Jan 10 2017, 4:49 am
You can buy non toxic nail polish. Look for "toulene free" on the label. DD paints her nails, and bites them. She's fine!

I use nail polish on anything that doesn't go in the oven, and it lasts forever, even in the dishwasher on "hot".

I have separate silverware patterns, but for things like spatulas and frying pans that could easily get mixed up, I've had no problems at all.

LAmom613

Post Tue, Jan 10 2017, 10:41 am
Thank you, these are great suggestions ! I would've thought nail polish would peel off but I think I'll give that a try u less I can find paint markers (never heard of those)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen