Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Job hunting - help!
Previous  1  2

GreenEyes26

Post Tue, Jan 10 2017, 10:41 pm
amother wrote:
Natural mom 5, kindly explain please. I really want to know what you are referring to

She means things like insisting on calling coworkers "Mr. Smith" or "Mrs. Jones", keeping relations offputtingly formal, etc. I've seen this in practice so many times and it comes from simple ignorance of how secular culture works. Not to mention the constant refrain of "men only think about one thing, stay away at all costs" that's been drummed into children's heads since kindergarten that makes women think any interaction between genders is suspicious.

Certain communities just don't know how to interact in the secular world in a way that doesn't come across as weird or rude.

naturalmom5

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 12:00 am
GreenEyes26 wrote:
She means things like insisting on calling coworkers "Mr. Smith" or "Mrs. Jones", keeping relations offputtingly formal, etc. I've seen this in practice so many times and it comes from simple ignorance of how secular culture works. Not to mention the constant refrain of "men only think about one thing, stay away at all costs" that's been drummed into children's heads since kindergarten that makes women think any interaction between genders is suspicious.

Certain communities just don't know how to interact in the secular world in a way that doesn't come across as weird or rude.

Bingo
You did a much better job than I could
Thank you

sequoia

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 12:08 am
NaturalMom, I think many women on here who do NOT come from a chareidi/chassidish/ultra yeshivish culture would have no clue what you mean. Before yelling at people "just in case," find out if it's relevant. Not everyone did the BY-seminary-lakewood carousel Smile

Growing

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 2:01 am
There are halachos in these matters.
Following those doesn't mean someone is wierd.
Just saying.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics