Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Do any of you go to the pizza store more then once a week?
1  2  3  Next

amother
Slateblue

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 12:04 am
If yes, how many times a week do you go?

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 12:14 am
about once a month

amother
Tangerine

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 12:14 am
Well, last time I went to a pizza store was about a year ago. But that's because the closest pizza store is about 2-3 hrs away from me. Sad

amother
Amber

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 12:16 am
hate pizza

pistachio88

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 12:31 am
I am definitely guilty of going twice a week. embarrassed

nicole81

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 12:40 am
I never go. Last school year we ordered once a week, but this year I started making my own pizza and we eat it twice a month. So much cheaper and yummier!

groisamomma

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 12:41 am
Pizza shop, rarely. Maybe with the kids for supper a few times a year. Bagel shop every Sunday for coffee with myself.

daagahminayin

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 12:44 am
Never - we don't have a kosher pizza store in my town.

pizza4

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 12:46 am
Not more than once a week! (And not every week either! ) but I think if we'd need supper another day after having gone once already, we'd buy fleishigs at least...
Even with my sn... it doesn't stand for 4 times a week.

Jewishmom8

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 1:12 am
we get pizza a few times a year
totally fine with it.

MagentaYenta

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 1:22 am
nicole81 wrote:
I never go. Last school year we ordered once a week, but this year I started making my own pizza and we eat it twice a month. So much cheaper and yummier!

I've made my own pizza for 30 years. I cannot imagine how much money I saved.

amother
Lemon

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 1:23 am
Would love to see the correlation between nationality and pizza consumption.

Part of my culture shock when I moved to the us was how much pizza ppl eat, and the way it's treated as a regular lunch/dinner food, rather than a special occasion treat. Still don't really get it.

Chana Miriam S

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 1:30 am
I have no idea how to answer this question.😂
I own a seasonal dairy restaurant. We eat a lot of pizza during the season.

During the off season we live in a community where I am the pizza provider, although I just work from home. I have to drive an hour to toronto to go to a pizza store.

We are starting a pop up pizza restaurant here once a week at our shul.

So.... I make my own, and I really don't eat it when out in toronto because a) I don't really like other pizza than mine and b) I'll try someone else's if I have to for knowing where the competition is at but to me that is not enjoyable and my family really doesn't like it when it isn't mine either. Funny how that works.

Last edited by Chana Miriam S on Wed, Jan 11 2017, 1:35 am; edited 2 times in total

MagentaYenta

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 1:31 am
amother wrote:
Would love to see the correlation between nationality and pizza consumption.

Part of my culture shock when I moved to the us was how much pizza ppl eat, and the way it's treated as a regular lunch/dinner food, rather than a special occasion treat. Still don't really get it.

My immigrant family learned about pizza from Italian immigrants in our town. My Mother finally began making her own pizza in the late 50's. I expanded the options to pissaladiere in about 1969, and manaeesh by about 1974.

nicole81

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 1:39 am
MagentaYenta wrote:
I've made my own pizza for 30 years. I cannot imagine how much money I saved.

A plain 18" pie costs $18 at my local store. It costs me $3-$4 to make a 16" pie. As a family of 7, that's up to a $30 savings each time. Seriously a no brainer!

Raisin

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 4:21 am
no pizza stores here but we often make pizza motzei shabbos. Either using pitta bread or dough from scratch.

We do eat a lot of pizza when we visit the big city.

I personally don't eat much pizza though so I usually order a falafel or make something else for myself.

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 5:21 am
We have a family tradition of ordering in pizza at the end of every fast day (except Yom Kippur, obviously). That's the only time we'll have it. We don't eat too many carbs, so I don't make it either (not interested to patchka with a cauliflower crust).

little_mage

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 7:21 am
On a regular basis, I make my own pizza. On the other hand, sometimes it's nice to go out and not have to worry about cooking or clean up, which is why we still go out for pizza sometimes.

saw50st8

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 7:28 am
nicole81 wrote:
A plain 18" pie costs $18 at my local store. It costs me $3-$4 to make a 16" pie. As a family of 7, that's up to a $30 savings each time. Seriously a no brainer!

It's a huge savings. However, as far as takeout goes, it's a relatively cheap option if you are busy or don't have time or just want someone else to do the cooking. I think that's why it's so popular.

zaq

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 7:33 am
Few times a year, usually when visiting somewhere and it's either eat out or starve.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics