Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Do any of you go to the pizza store more then once a week?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 7:33 am
We get pizza (and sushi) every motzi Shabbos. I usually stop one additional time for lunch usually by myself.

Pizza is a cheap and fast restaurant food. There are more than enough pizza places around, so it is convenient. The other alternatives aren't so good when I am not pressed for time. Fish and salads are not prepared fresh except for one place, and they have a parking issue.

allthingsblue

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 7:43 am
Lately it's been twice a month usually on a Sunday afternoon or Saturday night.
I can see us eventually eating it more as the family iy"H grows as it's super easy, but since I'm health minded, I hope I'll be up to the challenge of cooking easy but wholesome and healthy dinners instead of getting pizza!

In the beginning of marriage I though Thursday night was pizza night, because that's what it was in my parents' house and many of of my friends' homes, but my husband looks at pizza as a snack/lunch and expects a proper dinner, even on Thursday night when I'm in middle of shabbos prep. He would mind buying takeout, but that's expensive and unhealthy so I make salmon with sautéed frozen vegetables almost every thursday night (although lately it's been a vegetable soup, with the cold weather).

When I was younger I thought I'd go for pizza every day when I grow up 😂 but then I got older and realized I don't like empty calories or spending money.

Ahuva

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 7:43 am
We dont actually GO much, but I do order in pizza for dinner about once a wk sometime only 3 times a month...
In addition we get pizza on motzia shbs too, not weekly but very often.
We have a small family, its a cheap take out option for us.

eschaya

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 8:41 am
At most once a month. The closest pizza shop is half hour away. But... we are moving soon and we'll have a pizza shop 3 min away. I imagine our pizza consumption will go up. This will be entirely out of convenience/laziness, since our tastes are not changing.

zigi

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 8:45 am
once a month or so, if I am out in another neighborhood and hungry.

zigi

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 8:50 am
it is cheaper just myself, take out if feeding everyone ready made chicken and 2 sides is cheaper. we are almost up to 3 pies for the family and French fries. bh there is a pizza place that has pizza for 14$ delivered and sometimes even cheaper specials

cnc

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 8:50 am
Rarely. I can't stand the fried smell .

lfab

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 8:57 am
We only get pizza from the pizza store a handful of times a year at most. However, my kids get it for lunch once a month at school for rosh chodesh. Recently I've started buying the premade pizza crusts and making at home maybe once every 3-4 weeks or so.

pause

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 9:59 am
1-2 times a year.

If I'm stuck with no supper to make, I might do grilled cheese sandwiches or scrambled eggs and bread.

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 10:12 am
Twice a week usually

amother
Firebrick

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 10:14 am
A few times a year at most.
My kids dont really like it. I can eat it but id much rather have chichen or meat or even a a salad then pizza.

Where I live there is a minimum for delivery of $30 I think. And then an aditional $5 delivery charge. Not worth it.
So if dh and I are out somewhere and we want to get lunch or something we'll go get some pizza. Sometimes.

If I didn't get make a wholesome supper, I'll take out some frozen soup and do the ready to bake breaded flounder with dairy creamed potaotes or even eggs and salad or tuna with veggies.
Or cutlets smeared on oil and spices and dipped in crumbs. On the electric grill its only 14 minutes and its done.
A lot healthier. Very quick prep. And my kids will actually eat it.
I like it a lot better too.
Only dh would choose pizza Wink

mha3484

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 10:48 am
I get lunch for myself at work one time a week sometimes its from the pizza other times its sushi. If the kids have off of school I might treat them to a pizza for lunch so I guess thats a few times a year. When we do a take out dinner its usually chinese food.

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 10:55 am
sadly yes.
We are all on such insane schedules we are all never ever home for midweek dinner.

Sometimes I just buy my teen son a burger for dinner and then dash back out.

My adult children are... adults- they can fend for themselves.

Lady Bug

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 11:03 am
About once a week, usually less.

Where I live, an 18" pie costs $12. For me to make it myself, the cost of cheese alone (cholov yisroel) is about $8. Plus the cost of tomato sauce, dough ingredients, and labor&time, it really doesn't pay for me to make it on my own, unless I'm doing it for the taste.

amother
Powderblue

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 11:05 am
No but growing up we had pizza 2-3 times a week. Deli takeout another night. Frozen fish sticks and falafel another night.My mom worked crazy hours to support my father in kollel and didn't have time to cook supper.

sky

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 11:11 am
nicole81 wrote:
A plain 18" pie costs $18 at my local store. It costs me $3-$4 to make a 16" pie. As a family of 7, that's up to a $30 savings each time. Seriously a no brainer!

A pie of pizza here is $10 (+ tax). We get one pie maybe every other month - more for special treats or after a very late and long dr appt. I don't consider it a huge expense. When I make it at home I get a lot more, but probably costs me similar once I'm done with a can of don pepino pizza sauce and a bag of cholov yisroel cheese.
We never eat in the shop, the drinks and fries add a lot to the price.

Another mom

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 11:13 am
I'm on a diet and one of the things I really don't miss much is pizza, surprisingly. I feel the cheese is so heavy, I'd rather make toast pizza at home with "lite" cheese and no yeast dough.
As a family, just on trips a few times a yr

flowerpower

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 1:25 pm
I think it was erev Pesach. My kids like Amnons frozen pizza so I may serve that on Thursday nights like twice a month.

dancingqueen

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 1:31 pm
sky wrote:
A pie of pizza here is $10 (+ tax). We get one pie maybe every other month - more for special treats or after a very late and long dr appt. I don't consider it a huge expense. When I make it at home I get a lot more, but probably costs me similar once I'm done with a can of don pepino pizza sauce and a bag of cholov yisroel cheese.
We never eat in the shop, the drinks and fries add a lot to the price.

Wow sky that is a very cheap kosher pie! We get pizza or calzones once a week or every other week at least. I also always have in my freezer. Everyone in my house likes it and take out in general is a lifesaver for me at times.

amother
Babypink

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 2:30 pm
andrea levy wrote:
I have no idea how to answer this question.😂
I own a seasonal dairy restaurant. We eat a lot of pizza during the season.

During the off season we live in a community where I am the pizza provider, although I just work from home. I have to drive an hour to toronto to go to a pizza store.

We are starting a pop up pizza restaurant here once a week at our shul.

So.... I make my own, and I really don't eat it when out in toronto because a) I don't really like other pizza than mine and b) I'll try someone else's if I have to for knowing where the competition is at but to me that is not enjoyable and my family really doesn't like it when it isn't mine either. Funny how that works.

Hi Andrea! Sorry this is off topic but I never heard back from you if it paid to stay open for the month of September.
I was one of the people who begged you to stay open and visited the store. (Delicious btw!)
Do you regret staying open or was it hopefully a success?
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics