Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Lakewood Speech Solutions, or let's talk therapy

L K

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 12:50 pm
Anyone had experience with either agency- please share. Posting under my sn so you can pm me if don't want to
Write on the forum.

Thanks a lot

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 1:48 pm
I'm using Lets Talk Therapy and I'm really happy with them. They also worked with me on the copays.

L K

Post Tue, Jan 17 2017, 10:55 am
Bump, anyone else knows about either agency?

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, Jan 17 2017, 10:58 am
Is Speech Solutions - Frumi Garfinkel? I've been thrilled. One of her therapists has been working with 2 of my children for a few years on articulation and I find she is amazing (I've used other therapists before and I just find the therapist now very exacting and thorough).

L K

Post Tue, Jan 17 2017, 1:26 pm
amother wrote:
Is Speech Solutions - Frumi Garfinkel? I've been thrilled. One of her therapists has been working with 2 of my children for a few years on articulation and I find she is amazing (I've used other therapists before and I just find the therapist now very exacting and thorough).

Yes it is her agency.
My child also needs to work on articulation.
Do you mind sharing names of therapists you've used?

Another question is, you're mentioning it's been several years of therapy. Is it normal for t to go that long?
How does it work with regards to a limited number of sessions per year? Do you use up the sessions and then take a break of 6-9 months?

amother
Forestgreen

Post Tue, Jun 26 2018, 3:10 pm
Bumping this-
Are they still recommend? My dc has been getting speech therapy for 4 years and is still in need. I think at this point we should try through someone else .
Do they take United health?

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, Jun 26 2018, 3:39 pm
I have 2 children who have been going to Speech Solutions (Frumi Garfinkel) for years.
I really chose the agency because there was a dedicated therapist in my child's school through their agency who I heard amazing things about and I wanted her specifically.
I find the agency is very on top of things - they come down often to re-evaluate the plan. And changes are made. Like if progress wasn't made in one area they would switch and try a different path.
I always feel they are taking in the full picture. Teeth structure, tongue placement, swallowing skills.
Overall I've been very happy.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children