Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Machon Sara Vs. TMM

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Jan 10 2017, 7:44 pm
Machon Sara (AKA TAG high school ) vs TMM. I am davening for clarity but just not feeling it yet. The decision is between these 2 for my daughter. She and I are looking for a frum school with warmth academic challenge extra curricular. The frumkeit/ spirituality aspect is very important. Any advice ladies?

doctorima

Post Tue, Jan 10 2017, 8:29 pm
Where are her friends going? Is there anyone at her current school who knows her well who you could speak to for advice?

amother
Red

Post Tue, Jan 10 2017, 8:59 pm
Based on what you wrote, TMM

amother
Cerise

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 6:15 am
You started another thread, right?
You're coming from OOT but it's possible that your school had more rules, like for technology, than some in town schools. Look to your school's strengths, the things you really liked, and see which school offers them.

Laughter123

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 7:01 am
Yes started another as I thought it wasn't posted. Thing is my daughter is academically inclined very creative. Will she have that outlet in TMM? I'm hearing that because TaG is a community school it's a big mix in terms of spiritual levels.

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 1:51 pm
I don't send a child to TMM, as I don't live in Far Rockaway, but I know the Hebrew principal there and she is a super special person! I would send my daughter there just to have her as a role model!

Optione

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 3:07 pm
TAG elementary school has the diversity of a community school. TAG high school does not.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 7:21 pm
Tag HS does have the diversity of a community school although the most right wing and most left wing from the elementary tend to go elsewhere. Tmm as a whole is more right wing than Tag.
TMM is significantly smaller. Tighter warmer more family feel, although TAG has an extremely professional and warm administration and staff.
The academics in tmm are not up to the same level as tag by far. Tmm in general is less focused on academics. Tag offers a number of ap courses that tmm do not.
Both schools have outlets for creativity. In tmm things are much more laid back, less focused in being professional, which means the girls really run the show.
Both schools have a lot to offer.
Hatzlacha raba.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children