Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Dealing with people at work (vent)

Mitzvahmom

Post Thu, Jul 05 2007, 1:56 pm
Now this past week I was updating our website for my work, now mind you I am not paid extra for doing all the little isms I do around the office.

Our Cemeteries are the worst nightmare anywhere, because well no one touched them in YEARS. (file wise)

For the past two years, I have been struggling to look through files and recreate maps of the cemetery etc etc. Of course there are miss spellings and dates missing and wrong dates...etc etc..

Not only that, but I gave the sexton her own link on our webpage with all the documents needed for burials etc..

Like I stated above, I ws working on the webpage. Updating, trying to make it run smoother etc.. Her section, was not really ready to go up so it comes up as a blank page currently. (with a note currently under construction). WELL THIS WAS NO GOOD, AND EMBARASSING BECAUSE SHE HAD CLIENTS THAT NEEDED IT.

So on m y day off, my boss calls, what happened to the webpage?

me, "I am updating it so that it functions better"

Well this woman wants her page up NOW, so please fix it.

So on my day off, I had to attempt to load her webpage from home. Now mind u, the entire template and nice items are at work. So I got a basic version up, but is she happy NOOOO. She has to email everyone, and I look stupid.

B"H the president of the shul yelled at my boss for calling me on a vacation day, and said it's not life or death and we all know she's updating the webpage to look better.

This same woman that's stabbing me behind the back, making me look bad..

Comes intoday all cheery, because she has demanded that I work with her one on one with no interuptions. so my boss went out of his way to make sure he took care of the phones so I could FOCUS on her. She is all happy and once again I am working on her stuff.

"OH your so much better than the previous assistants, you have your act together..."

BLAH BLAH BLAH, GROW UP!!! I feel like screaming!!!!!! I am too nice
I just smiled and nodded and now am working on her project AGAIN.

TzenaRena

Post Thu, Jul 05 2007, 3:28 pm
My sympathies, MM, I know exactly how that feels, well almost exactly. Wink You try hard to do something well, your efforts go unnoticed, then you get blamed for something entirely not of your doing. Confused

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Jul 05 2007, 3:32 pm
story of my life . . .,

gold21

Post Thu, Jul 05 2007, 3:43 pm
what is with bosses? is there a director-training class they all take to learn the most effective ways to make their employees crazy...? gosh
yeah im so with you mitzvamom.... Confused
we gotta open up our own businesses...u know?

Tefila

Post Thu, Jul 05 2007, 4:29 pm
All I can say it aint easy and kol hakovod for what you are doing
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics