Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Move now or wait

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Thu, Jan 19 2017, 8:30 pm
we currently live in brooklyn with three kids ages 4 2 and 5 months in a two bedroom apt. dh is in kollel and was offered a job in apprx an hr away. starting september. I am sooo ready to leave brooklyn and buy a house, have space a yard and community. is it impulsive to start looking at houses now so we can hopefully move in the summer. my job is not an issue. my current job is not worth the commute and I will have to find a new one when we move. should I wait a yr to make sure dh job works out (its in chinuch) or start the house hunt now. the mortgage technicalities are not an issue. my grandparents will buy house in cash and we will pay them back monthly. I am sooooo ready to leave my brooklyn apt and buy a house. Very Happy

miami85

Post Thu, Jan 19 2017, 8:39 pm
IMO, I would say start looking around, get a feel for the neighborhood, sizes, layouts available, see if something you really like is in your price range. I could be wrong, but I think Spring is when houses typically go on the market. Take your time and find something that you really like.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Thu, Jan 19 2017, 8:44 pm
yes, spring is when the houses generally go up. I would start now to get a feel so ill be more educated once the season starts. my q is if it makes sense to move now before dh starts or have him commute for a yr, make sure job works out and ill stick it out another yr in brooklyn and move next summer.

sourstix

Post Thu, Jan 19 2017, 9:28 pm
What are u gonna gain by staying? Chinuch jobs are in all frum communities. I'm wondering why you would wait?

Fabulous

Post Thu, Jan 19 2017, 10:26 pm
Yeah, unless the housing market is crazy hot, I would move and try to rent for a year, much less to lose than by buying

amother
Smokey

Post Thu, Jan 19 2017, 11:45 pm
Buy the house now. Prices go up every month.

familyfirst

Post Fri, Jan 20 2017, 12:42 am
I'd say buy right away. Prices go up. But I do see the logic in renting for a year first.
On another note... Hope you realize how fortunate you are to have such generous grandparents. and hope you let them know how thankful yiu are!

sourstix

Post Fri, Jan 20 2017, 9:16 am
Buy now! Prices are rising everyday!

mummiedearest

Post Fri, Jan 20 2017, 9:21 am
start the house hunt now. house hunting can take longer than expected. he may end up commuting for a while even if you start looking now.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Fri, Jan 20 2017, 9:59 am
op here. Im not sure you all understood my original question. Do I buy a house now and move to the city of my husbands new job or do we stay another year renting in Brooklyn to make sure that the job works out and start looking for a houses in a year? and I repeat I am soooo ready to leave Brooklyn and have a house, yard, and community.

mummiedearest

Post Fri, Jan 20 2017, 11:06 am
amother wrote:
op here. Im not sure you all understood my original question. Do I buy a house now and move to the city of my husbands new job or do we stay another year renting in Brooklyn to make sure that the job works out and start looking for a houses in a year? and I repeat I am soooo ready to leave Brooklyn and have a house, yard, and community.

I did get that. house hunting takes a lot of time, so I think you should start now. make the decision when you find a house you really want. you don't need to decide this second. you may end up moving in the middle of next school year.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating