Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Any experienced lkwd mothers can help with girl high school

amother
Amethyst

Post Thu, Jan 26 2017, 1:54 pm
My daughter is in eighth grade and a top girl in every way tznius, marks, very by type in the box sort of kid and will do great in any high school. My question is I like to dress a little trendier totally tznius, just not in all black.

What high school is grat for a real frum smart girl and at the same time more open minded on the parents. My daughter is not like me at all. My daughter is also very innocent and hasn't seen much out of Lakewood so I would love to keep her in a more sheltered environment because she does great there.

Any advice?

amother
Black

Post Thu, Jan 26 2017, 2:46 pm
Who wears all black nowadays?

Colors are fashionable and everyone is wearing them, regardless of frumkeit level.

I'm not sure why that would label anyone as open-minded.

amother
Lilac

Post Thu, Jan 26 2017, 2:50 pm
Bnos Bais Yaakov. I went there and I think it's a nice mix of girls. Great stimulating curriculum. Varied parent body.

In general though, girls are often happiest going where they have friends going. At least in the beginning, until they settle in.

Where are her friends applying? Where does she want to go?

Chayalle

Post Thu, Jan 26 2017, 2:52 pm
You're being a little bit paradoxical. You are saying open-minded and sheltered in the same sentence. Which are you looking for?

Bais Shaindel is more sheltered, but there are plenty of parents that are a bit more trendy and wear color. Bais Kaila is more open-minded, and has a mix of Yeshivish, trendy, frum-working types, etc.....Oros is also a mix of Yeshivish and less yeshivish. Truth is, every school in town has a mix. so it's hard to guide you to the right school for your DD based on only one aspect of information you are providing.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Jan 26 2017, 2:53 pm
amother wrote:
In general though, girls are often happiest going where they have friends going. At least in the beginning, until they settle in.

Where are her friends applying? Where does she want to go?

This. Where are her friends heading?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics