Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
All my kids are adhd

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, Feb 12 2017, 1:46 am
so I said it!

until now I thought my 7 year old was not ADHD. (though lately I have beginning to wonder)
well after a parent teachers meeting I don't think so anymore - he is probably also ADHD just shows in different ways.

sounds a bit overwhelming.

and yes there are genes from both sides - dh has ADHD and so does my father and brothers

amother
Natural

Post Sun, Feb 12 2017, 4:35 am
Hugs! It seems overwhelming and scary but thank G-d ADHD is manageable and treatable. In fact, you often read articles written by adults who credit their success in part to the ADHD.

All of my kids have ADHD or ADD but at this moment only 2 are on medication for it. (My eldest is in a school that's structured in a way that made medication a bit unnecessary so I didn't push it. My youngest son will most definitely need medication but until the school pushes for it I'm pushing it off for various reasons.) Yes, it's overwhelming but it's just about finding the right school or program for each child and the right medication and dosage. Remember that both the school and medication needs can be very different for each child.

Neither my husband's family nor my family have any ADHD history, although to be fair, we all grew up in a time where it wasn't a 'thing' so maybe it was just undiagnosed.

Good luck OP. Take a deep breath. This is a hardship but a manageable one.

imasinger

Post Sun, Feb 12 2017, 6:53 am
We have 4 out of 6 with it, too. Two of them also have ASD. I most likely have ADHD myself.

Use resources. Look for help wherever possible. Know that the skills you build in coping with one child will carry over.

Storming shamayim once in a while doesn't hurt, either.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)