Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Ideas for a snoring husband

amother
Blush

Post Thu, Feb 16 2017, 9:13 pm
My husbands snores and it recently became unbearable.
I havent slept normally in a few days.
Any suggestions on if u had a similar issue with your spouse & what you found helped.
Does any ine know of a doctor in brooklyn that can help with this issue?

amother
Oak

Post Thu, Feb 16 2017, 10:46 pm
Buy yourself a good sound machine

cnc

Post Thu, Feb 16 2017, 10:50 pm
Has he ruled out sleep apnea?
It can be a medical issue.

amother
Lemon

Post Thu, Feb 16 2017, 11:12 pm
If there are medical issues obviously try to deal with them.
Personally I sleep with my pillow over my head (head turned to the side so my nose and mouth are exposed so I can breathe). Also a noise machine or fan.

shabbatiscoming

Post Fri, Feb 17 2017, 12:29 am
For those who say a noise machine or fan, some people snore pretty darn loud and those things will not help at all.

OP, have your husband go to his GP (I just went through this with my husband) he has a referral to do a sleep test, to find out if it is sleep apnea or if it is his nose.

Good luck.

doctorima

Post Fri, Feb 17 2017, 12:37 am
Is there an option for you to sleep in a different room, at least for a few days so that you can get a good night's sleep and feel rested?

amother
Blush

Post Fri, Feb 17 2017, 8:36 am
Can anyone recommend someone I can go to.
For this issue?

doctorima

Post Fri, Feb 17 2017, 10:05 am
Start with his doctor.

bobeli

Post Fri, Feb 17 2017, 10:12 am
sleep apnea is something to take serious, go to a dr or sleep clinic.
I know someone that used to snore really loud, after a sleep study he got a cpap machine and there is no snoring with it and very little without it (shabes, yt) after a few months of use.
he is also more rested.

amother
Aqua

Post Fri, Feb 17 2017, 10:44 am
My husband lost 40 pounds and suddenly stopped snoring.

kugelzlady

Post Fri, Feb 17 2017, 12:35 pm
This sounds simple but made a very big difference for us...try adding a pillow to prop his head up more!

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Fri, Feb 17 2017, 1:02 pm
turning from laying on your back to laying on your side can help

amother
Blonde

Post Fri, Feb 17 2017, 2:18 pm
I apologize in advance for saying this. I am not trying to be one of those doom and gloom types. But I lost my husband WAY too young due to sleep apnea. I didn't want to have a fight about going to the dr, couldn't get him to lose weight, etc. Please do yourself and your family a favor and GO TO THE DOCTOR. Please.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sat, Feb 18 2017, 2:26 pm
- Get a white noise machine!

- Have husband sleep on his side. My husband doesn't snore on his left side, but does snore on his back and right side. Sew tennis balls into the back of his pajama shirts, so that he can't roll onto his back, and he will automatically stay on his side throughout the night.

- Get him checked for sleep apnea.

- Go to an allergist and get that checked. My husband didn't think he had allergies, but he did. Allergy meds improved things a lot.

- Take him to an ENT, see if there's anything else to do. My husband had an operation to fix a deviated septum.

- If it just got worse in the last few days, your husband probably has a mild cold. My husband doesn't even realize that he has a cold, I only know because he sneezes a few times a day and his snoring gets 30 times worse. It gets better when the cold does.

- Get earplugs if you can (this one wasn't feasible for us for a variety of reasons)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries