Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Charlotte, NC

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Mar 02 2017, 9:49 pm
What are the must-do or must-see places?

doctorima

Post Thu, Mar 02 2017, 11:24 pm
https://www.tripadvisor.com/At......html

benny

Post Thu, Mar 02 2017, 11:42 pm
We did the North Carolina white water center. Was amazing!

Rutabaga

Post Fri, Mar 03 2017, 12:55 am
http://www.gleibermans.com

Only place to get kosher food in Charlotte. I was there a few years ago and the food was pretty decent.

You're also not that far away from Raleigh if you want to spend a day there.

amother
Brunette

Post Fri, Mar 03 2017, 8:11 am
What's there to do around Raleigh? I'm also looking into the area. Nothing on trip advisor looked too exciting for us.

amother
Brown

Post Fri, Mar 03 2017, 9:32 am
I thought Raleigh is 3 hours away from Charlotte. Am I wrong? or is that what you consider close by? Does Raleigh have more options in the way of kosher?
How about Atlanta? How far is that? How would you compare all three in terms of tourist attractions, kosher options, and distance of travel?

amother
Brown

Post Fri, Mar 03 2017, 9:34 am
benny wrote:
We did the North Carolina white water center. Was amazing!
Looks like loads of fun! Thanks!

Rutabaga

Post Fri, Mar 03 2017, 9:44 am
amother wrote:
I thought Raleigh is 3 hours away from Charlotte. Am I wrong? or is that what you consider close by? Does Raleigh have more options in the way of kosher?
How about Atlanta? How far is that? How would you compare all three in terms of tourist attractions, kosher options, and distance of travel?

I haven't been there in over 10 years, so my memory may be foggy.

We have this thing about visiting state capitols, so we probably figured it was worth a day trip to do that and whatever else appealed in Raleigh. IIRC we also went to a hockey game which was a lot of fun.

doctorima

Post Fri, Mar 03 2017, 9:47 am
Charlotte to Raleigh is about 2.5 hours. Charlotte to Atlanta is about 4 hours. Atlanta is a much larger city and Jewish community, with much more to do, and many more kosher/Jewish resources.

amother
Brown

Post Fri, Mar 03 2017, 10:04 am
doctorima wrote:
Charlotte to Raleigh is about 2.5 hours. Charlotte to Atlanta is about 4 hours. Atlanta is a much larger city and Jewish community, with much more to do, and many more kosher/Jewish resources.
Atlanta is much larger than Raleigh or than Charlotte? Or both Smile ?
Any other Jewish communities in this area?

doctorima

Post Fri, Mar 03 2017, 10:58 am
Atlanta is larger than both. You can also look into Charleston, SC, which is about 3 hours from Charlotte, or Savannah, GA, which is about 3.5, though Atlanta is still the largest.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics