Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
House by Avenue S Brooklyn sold for $11 million
Previous  1  2

Amarante

Post Fri, Mar 03 2017, 11:17 am
Mevater wrote:
Im wondering if the house will either be thrown down or totally gutted to make room for something spectacular.

It will be torn down and built out to the maximum permitted by the zoning. If you read the article I posted, the interiors are even mor lavish than the relatively modest exteriors would make it appear.

Teardowns in geographically desirable areas are fairly common among the wealthy and not just among frum Jews. I live in Oos Angekes and many neighborhoods were built prior to World War II for people of relatively modest means. Also people's needs and tastes have changed. Just think of the difference in what is acceptable size for a closet or the minimum number of bathrooms most people want versus what middle class people felt necessary pre World War II when many older homes in what are now desirable neighborhoods were built.

From what I understand as an outsider, the Syrian Jewish community is particularly closely tied in terms of geography and so houses, or more accurate land on which houses now exist, are bought when they come on the market because at some point a family member will want to be in this part I find the neighborhood.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics