Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Other special days
What are you serving for dinner before the fast?

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Mar 07 2017, 6:26 pm
What are you serving before Taanis Esther, Wednesday night? If you would share your menu, it would be so helpful. Thanks

Rutabaga

Post Tue, Mar 07 2017, 6:45 pm
Leftovers

rachel0615

Post Tue, Mar 07 2017, 6:48 pm
Chicjen, meatballs. Cous cous, green beans with mushrooms

zaq

Post Tue, Mar 07 2017, 8:34 pm
Same as rutabaga. It's not a yomtov meal like erev yom kippur, it's just a regular weekday. The fast isn't all that long, the weather isn't oppressively hot, you're allowed to use the elevator and other labor saving devices, you can brush your teeth and take a shower, and if you feel the need for more sustenance you can have a bedtime snack or set your alarm and get up in the wee hours and have breakfast.

So there's no reason to do anything special and in fact I think it's rather anti the spirit of the fast to make a big deal about the meal. Just make it filling and include lots of complex carbs and fiber.

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Mar 07 2017, 10:49 pm
I'm not trying to make it special. There's a fast the next day, so I want to make a meal that is filling, won't make people too thirsty etc. Between the break fast, Shabbos, and Purim Seudah, I'm plum out of ideas and would like to get specific ideas.

HonesttoGod

Post Wed, Mar 08 2017, 10:02 am
At this rate, takeout.
Crazy insane week at work with purim as well and some personal things I am exhausted in every aspect.

sky

Post Wed, Mar 08 2017, 10:56 am
Brown Rice I find to be the best food to serve before the fast.
We get up the morning before the fast to eat so supper isn't special for the fast.
But when it is I serve: Chicken, Brown Rice and Sweet potato baked together.

Iymnok

Post Wed, Mar 08 2017, 11:17 am
Carbs and fat. That's what I heard.
Thanks for getting me thinking. Instead of pasta and cheese, I think I'll have guacamole on toast.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Other special days