Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals
Different pasta recipe?

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Tue, Jul 03 2007, 3:34 pm
A coworker gave me some pasta she made at home.
It was totally different from the mac & cheese I usually make.
It was probably parve - she had in it craisins, some spices..don't remember what else.

Anyone have a yummy pasta recipe to share? Something that can be a main dish, easy to make?
maybe with olive oil, spices???
I want to try something different.
Also, will little kids eat it?? (if not, I can always add ketchup, right??)

Thanks!

DefyGravity

Post Tue, Jul 03 2007, 3:44 pm
If I feel up to it, I'm going to make something from Giada Delaurentiis' cookbook. It's a pasta with peas, shallots, parmesian cheese, and a carrot. The picture looks very good.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Tue, Jul 03 2007, 3:48 pm
sounds interesting......we're not peas people though (except the kids!)....

DefyGravity

Post Tue, Jul 03 2007, 3:50 pm
You can make pesto and put that on pasta. Pesto is made of fresh basil leaves, walnuts or pinenuts, garlic, olive oil, and parmesian cheese. Just put it all in the food processor and blend.

cutiesmom

Post Tue, Jul 03 2007, 4:06 pm
Gatherings has a recipe for a delicious pasta with grilled veges. The sauce is olive oil, oregano, crushed garlic & salt (I think). This recipe is always a hit!

yOungM0mmy

Post Tue, Jul 03 2007, 4:07 pm
Easiest dressed pasta I learned from a friend:
cook pasta, drain.
Pour a little bit of olive oil in a pot, add some sugar, let carmelise a bit. add some tinned chopped tomatoes and sauce, let cook for a few mins (smells heavenly), add pasta to rewarm.

or I make a cream sauce. stir fry whatever veg you want, add salt, pepper, and whatever spices you want (I do paprika, garlic, some chilli powder, soy sauce). Mix 2 tbps mayo and 1/2 cup milk (or soya milk), pour over veg, cook till it bubbles and is smooth. Mix into pasta.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Tue, Jul 03 2007, 4:35 pm
cutiesmom wrote:
Gatherings has a recipe for a delicious pasta with grilled veges. The sauce is olive oil, oregano, crushed garlic & salt (I think). This recipe is always a hit!

Can you tell me more about this recipe please??

I forgot about Pesto. I used to make it with broccolli! That's an interesting idea, too!

Seraph

Post Wed, Jul 04 2007, 1:24 am
I made spaghetti the other night with oil, dill, garlic powder and salt. It came out really yummy.

Dini

Post Wed, Jul 04 2007, 1:51 am
yOungM0mmy wrote:
Easiest dressed pasta I learned from a friend:
cook pasta, drain.
Pour a little bit of olive oil in a pot, add some sugar, let carmelise a bit. add some tinned chopped tomatoes and sauce, let cook for a few mins (smells heavenly), add pasta to rewarm.

or I make a cream sauce. stir fry whatever veg you want, add salt, pepper, and whatever spices you want (I do paprika, garlic, some chilli powder, soy sauce). Mix 2 tbps mayo and 1/2 cup milk (or soya milk), pour over veg, cook till it bubbles and is smooth. Mix into pasta.

mmmm sounds really good, I hope to try it some day soon....

cutiesmom

Post Wed, Jul 04 2007, 2:23 am
BrachaVHatzlocha wrote:
cutiesmom wrote:

Can you tell me more about this recipe please??

I forgot about Pesto. I used to make it with broccolli! That's an interesting idea, too!

Sorry for not replying earlier.

Grill veges (I made red pepper, button mushrooms - usually use & recipe calls for portabella - zucchinni, eggplant) with balsamic vinegar, olive oil & salt. Cook the penne. Mix veges into pasta together with a dressing of: 3 minced garlic, 1/2 c white vinegar, 1/2 c olive oil (use less!!!), 2 tsp oregano, salt & pepper.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Wed, Jul 04 2007, 8:44 am
I ended up adapting a recipe from my sis-in-law.
pasta sauce, spinach, sliced olives, garlic, tomatoes....
it was yummy!
thanks, everyone! I'll have to "bookmark" this page for the future!

cindy324

Post Wed, Jul 04 2007, 10:21 am
There's a really yummy Penne with grilled chicken and sun dried tomatoes recipe in the first Kosher by design. I made it once, it was delicious, but it's a bit of a patchke. You gotta grill the chicken first , or as I did bake in the oven, then you have to make a pesto sauce, cook the pasta, it was quite a few steps. Let me know if you want the recipe.

greenfire

Post Wed, Jul 04 2007, 10:29 am
don't forget the fresh basil ... according to my mother ... never tried it myself ...

sunnymom

Post Mon, Jul 09 2007, 12:16 am
I do one with a butternut sauce, its really yum!

Beauty and the Beast

Post Mon, Jul 09 2007, 11:46 pm
hi!
I always like to make and create diff pasta sauces, its so much fun....
tonight, I made my dh favorite...

sauteed mushrooms ( any kind)
add wine, any kind
add heavy cream, let it bubble
add some pasta sauce till it gets pink colored
salt, pepper, red pepper flakes ( optional, makes it a little spicy)
add the cooked pasta
sprinkle parmesean cheese on top
enjoy!

sometimes I add or subtract ingredients...
I make it with olive oil, veggies, garlic...
or with crushed tomatoes, olives, garlic....

its so much fun to play around with it!!
enjoy!

DefyGravity

Post Tue, Jul 10 2007, 9:51 am
Cheesy pumpkin sauce:
canned pumpkin
milk (I use low fat)
cheese
nutmeg, salt, pepper

Put some nonfat milk in a sauce pan, let it heat up, then add canned pumpkin, whisk it together and then add lowfat mozzarella. Season with nutmeg, salt and pepper.

Pareve mushroom cream sauce:
flour
oil
nondairy creamer
chicken consoumme
onion
mushrooms

prepare a roux by heating the oil in a medium sized pot on low. Whisk in the flour. Add the diced onions and keep mixing. Add the mushrooms and cover the pot. Once the mushrooms are soft, add the nondairy creamer and about a tablespoon of counsoumme. Once the sauce thickens serve over chicken or pasta (or a combo!)

greenfire

Post Tue, Jul 10 2007, 10:19 am
defy ... you sound like such a great cook!!!!!!!!

Tila

Post Sun, Jul 15 2007, 3:48 pm
How about pad thai?? Its made with angel hair pasta. saute veggies of your choice add a fried egg. Make sauce with anchoviessoya sauce, brown sugar and garlic, ketchup too. puree it in a blender. add to veggies add sauce. No measurements, unless you want them. I can pay attention next time.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals