Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
How did "imamother" begin and who started it?

tweety1

Post Sun, Mar 19 2017, 5:54 pm
Was just plain curious and wondering how it all began. Just wondering.....

ra_mom

Post Sun, Mar 19 2017, 5:56 pm
All the information is here.
http://www.imamother.com/forum/about.php

sequoia

2004, right?

pause

tweety1 wrote:
Was just plain curious and wondering how it all began. Just wondering.....

Good question. From reading around old threads, I gathered that it began as a method of communication for Chabad shluchos world-wide.

ra_mom

sequoia wrote:
2004, right?

Yup.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Mar 19 2017, 5:58 pm
For those of you not on a desktop, I copied and pasted

Welcome to Imamotherâ„¢.
I, Yael, together with my husband, Yossi, created Imamother.com because I felt that there was a need for a website geared to frum Jewish women and mothers.

This website was born after I went searching in the vast expanses of the internet for some advice about raising our kids. I looked at the Jewish forums of numerous parenting websites, but there just wasn't anything relevant to me, as a frum, Lubavitch woman. Again I left my computer feeling like there was just a blank area where there should have been a place where I could share my thoughts and worries. I was looking for a place where I could meet more women just like me. I wanted a spot where my friends and I could go to share stories about our day. I wanted a website just like all the others but with a very important difference. I wanted it to be relevant to me as a married woman and as a frum mother. I wanted a place where there would be information about topics that are important to me. And where I could get advice from other frum women about whatever issue was bothering me at the moment.

I searched and searched for this website, and when I found none, we decided to meet that need ourselves. We felt frum women all across the world deserved a place to connect, chat, share advice about raising kids and interacting with our husbands, and talk about issues that are important to us. Since we started we have undergone many changes. We even had a name change. We accepted advice from friends and family. We added links and removed others when we saw people didn't use them.

Slowly, slowly, with a lot of hard work, we made this website into what it is today. We want women to feel that there is a place online where they can connect and unite, give and receive advice from other frum Jewish women, and learn new things. I hope this website will unite all Jewish women across the world. Let us all be part of one online community.

If you have any suggestions or comments please feel free to email me at yael@imamother.com

Thanks for joining our online community and helping us take the internet to a whole new level.

Sincerely,

Yael Cozocaru
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics