Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Rachael Lavon serial - House of Mirrors

bzmom.

Post Mon, Mar 20 2017, 8:24 pm
Hi, I love this serial though I might have missed the most important week -chapter 20, 2 weeks ago. The one where someone apparently posts something about her, please could someone shed some light on what happened? as I can't seem to figure it out from the later issues.

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Mar 20 2017, 8:28 pm
bzmom. wrote:
Hi, I love this serial though I might have missed the most important week -chapter 20, 2 weeks ago. The one where someone apparently posts something about her, please could someone shed some light on what happened? as I can't seem to figure it out from the later issues.

Do you remember when she was engaging in some Manhattan retail therapy and engaged in conversation with someone? That someone, who took pictures, is a very disaffected, OTD type who blogged about her (what's her name again? Forgot), with pictures, as the epitome of everything that's wrong with the system, the superficiality, the whole nine yards.

bzmom.

Post Mon, Mar 20 2017, 8:54 pm
thanks.

seeker

Post Mon, Mar 20 2017, 11:14 pm
I feel so bad for her. That was so harsh Sad

amother
Seagreen

Post Mon, Mar 20 2017, 11:16 pm
Me too!! now everyone seems to get into hot water...house of mirrors is crashing???

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Mar 21 2017, 11:27 am
seeker wrote:
I feel so bad for her. That was so harsh Sad

It was, but I think most readers are sympathetic and understanding, even if we seem to come from different planets sometimes, vs. sharing the blogger's attitude.

Chayalle

Post Tue, Mar 21 2017, 12:00 pm
I'm enjoying the series too. Very well written.

I happen to love the message of looks not being everything. I love that she is slowly learning to take her focus off of her daughter's figure. That particular aspect of superficiality really gets to me - as if being thin is everything.

Stars

Post Tue, Mar 21 2017, 12:06 pm
I like it because it is so real. No crazy "aha" moments, but rather realistic changes happening over time.

farm

Post Tue, Mar 21 2017, 3:28 pm
Enjoying as well. Only criticism is the younger sister character (Sarah?) seems a tad too insightful and mature for a teenager. But a great character nonetheless.

Stars

Post Tue, Mar 21 2017, 3:34 pm
farm wrote:
Enjoying as well. Only criticism is the younger sister character (Sarah?) seems a tad too insightful and mature for a teenager. But a great character nonetheless.

I was a lot like that when I was a teen which is part of the reason why I relate to this story.

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Mar 21 2017, 3:41 pm
I LOVE the serial. It's so real and raw and I love how Mishpacha is allowing it to be printed.

farm

Post Tue, Mar 21 2017, 3:57 pm
Stars wrote:
I was a lot like that when I was a teen which is part of the reason why I relate to this story.

Smile I like to think I would have loved to be your friend but probably would have been scared of you. I was such a naive, optimistic teen...

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, Mar 21 2017, 4:09 pm
farm wrote:

I disagree, this is exactly how I was when I was 16-17, after being burned by a crazy yeshivish elitist school, who were supposedly the cream of the crop but only cared about their reputations.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Mar 21 2017, 5:31 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
I LOVE the serial. It's so real and raw and I love how Mishpacha is allowing it to be printed.

And I love that this thread was the first time you came up for air in a while, at least on a thread I've visited. Hope you're doing well!

livinginflatbus

Post Tue, Mar 21 2017, 10:06 pm
I think it's really great too. Love the other serials but all the hype ra ra drama gets to me sometimes ...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room