Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Pets
Cat died after 15 years
Previous  1  2

hindas

Post Thu, Mar 23 2017, 1:04 pm
Thank you all so much I feel the comfyand love

amother
Lavender

Post Thu, Mar 22 2018, 4:24 pm
hindas wrote:
I had to put my cat down last week after having her for 15 years.
Most people were sympathetic but some asked me why I was so upset about a cat because it's not a human.

I know this thread is a year old. Has it gotten any easier for you? Our cat was also 15 and had to be put to sleep. I am heartbroken and missing him and crying today. Everyone very nice to me including the cat haters. But still....there is someone missing in my home. Sad

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Mar 22 2018, 4:36 pm
I am so sorry for your loss. No one can understand, unless they are lucky enough to be loved by a pet.

DH is Chassidish, and he told me that according to Kabbalah, the neshamas of tzaddakim come down to cats and dogs, especially ones that are well loved by their owners. They have a certain tikkun to give and recieve unconditional love.

When their time has come, they can either come back as a human, a pet, or move on to a higher plane.

I don't have any sources for this, but I found it very comforting.

amother
Amber

Post Thu, Mar 22 2018, 4:48 pm
Hindas,
Most people who don't have pets don't know that oftentimes losing a pet is harder than losing a family member. This piece really helped me when I lost a very old cat. https://live.washingtonpost.co......html

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Mar 22 2018, 5:02 pm
amother wrote:
Hindas,
Most people who don't have pets don't know that oftentimes losing a pet is harder than losing a family member. This piece really helped me when I lost a very old cat. https://live.washingtonpost.co......html

It's behind a paywall. Can you cut and paste it here?

Shoshana37

Post Thu, Mar 22 2018, 5:28 pm
I’m very sorry for your loss.

amother
Amber

Post Thu, Mar 22 2018, 5:32 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
It's behind a paywall. Can you cut and paste it here?

I just went back to grab it and it must be my 6th visit this month, also behind a paywall. Dang. Maybe if I try another browser? It's such a good piece

amother
Blush

Post Thu, Mar 22 2018, 5:50 pm
Anyone who doesn’t hve a pet can’t fathom the feeling at all.
So don’t judge these people and don’t give a moments thought to their comments.

I don’t have a pet, so I don’t understand it fully either, but I see how devastated people are when losing a pet, so I believe there’s something to it.

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Mar 23 2018, 5:00 am
amother wrote:
Anyone who doesn’t hve a pet can’t fathom the feeling at all.
So don’t judge these people and don’t give a moments thought to their comments.

I don’t have a pet, so I don’t understand it fully either, but I see how devastated people are when losing a pet, so I believe there’s something to it.

ITA. When we invest in anything we love it. Even something inanimate - think of Yona and the kikayon. But living things especially. I tend to think that dogs more so than cats, dogs are k'lev, loyal and loving; cats seem to own their people ;-D But I know there's more than the stereotypes and cats are nice to have around too.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Pets