Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Busy schedule

amother

Post Tue, Jul 17 2007, 10:54 am
how does a working full time women manage with kids, home, shopping etc. how can I manage my day when I go back 2 work?

shopaholic

Post Tue, Jul 17 2007, 11:00 am
Sorry, no advice except that's why I can only work mornings. I nedd to come home to pick the kids up & have time to do laundry, make supper, shop for food etc.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Jul 17 2007, 11:04 am
It's not that big a deal. You get organized, that's all.

whoami

Post Tue, Jul 17 2007, 2:37 pm
it takes a while, but you get in the swing of things. I work out of the house in the mornings, have my kids home with me in the afternoon do laundry, make meals, clean the house and have a store in my hime in the evenings.
takes creativity and organization.

Marion

Post Tue, Jul 17 2007, 3:28 pm
A lot depends on what kind of help you have (DH, hired, family, friends...), and your child(ren)'s age(s) and personality(ies).

I leave the house at 7 with DS, drop him at daycare. If I'm lucky I catch one of the other parents going in my direction and get a ride, otherwise I take the bus. DH picks up DS at 4 because I work until 5. I get home around 6. Usually DH has already fed DS; sometimes the bath is done too and I'm lucky if I see him before he falls asleep! But most days I do get some time with him. It just means that dinner's much later for us (usually around 8), and laundry gets done last thing at night, hung out in the morning before I leave. I have cleaning (hired) help once a week for a few hours (a gift from someone), so my floors and bathrooms are in half decent shape. I'm picky in my kitchen so I make a point of taking care of that myself.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics