Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Money matters

miriamnechama

Post Wed, Jul 18 2007, 2:46 am
my 8 year old makes it his business to tell me that I need to send money ie for keitana to cheder etc.

Is it really his business to make it his business?? why does he have to get involved in moneymatters. when he gets it he gets it!! I give him enough and enough responsiblity, ie he buys his own bus pass, he gets the milk and brings back the change. buit any extras he'll say, "I know you have money I kniow in your wallet, I saw!!" well he's been in to my wallet before and a ness he didn't take 100 nis bill from there.

it is very annoying, I feel that it's nothing to do with him when and how the money comes and if I say no to something he should learn to accpt that he doesn't.

What's with him?? what should I do??

tm

Post Wed, Jul 18 2007, 2:53 am
to me he sounds like he wants to be able to go to the kaytana and therefore wants to make sure it is paid for. I don't think this is bad at all- he's just concerned about paying on time.
I think it's a normal stage of development for kids to be somewhat into money. he should be taught however that he is not allowed to go into your wallet without permission.
just my opinion...

miriamnechama

Post Wed, Jul 18 2007, 5:51 am
right I want him at the kaytana but the rebbe said to hold off with the payment untill after tisha baav. so I don't know what his worry is, I told him he's going, he goes shopping for me. I just don't want it to get too out of hand. ie if I say no to something it's no.

shalhevet

Post Wed, Jul 18 2007, 6:06 am
Tell him it's you and his father's money and not his, and there is no reason why he has to know how much you have. He has to understand that it has nothing to do with him what is in your purse. Tell him that if he needs money for something he can always ask you and you will decide if you need to buy/ pay for it and give him the money.

If he gets some sort of pocket money, make sure you also give him on time. It sounds like he's worried that he won't get money he feels he needs. Did something happen in the past, that he lost out on something because you forgot to pay on time?

Marion

Post Wed, Jul 18 2007, 7:46 am
I was going to wonder out loud if maybe they were pressuring him at cheder to make sure you would pay...but it sounds like it's just the opposite situation, so never mind.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics