Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Pesach Recipes
Best "I can't believe it's Pesachdik" recipe?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

ra_mom

Post Fri, Apr 22 2011, 2:02 am
nicole81 wrote:
the molten chocolate cakes from this site were a huge hit with my family and guests the first days. I'll be making them again second days. I do at least 1 milchig lunch so I serve them with vanilla ice cream and they were out of this world. I might even make them for shabbos with strawberry sorbet.

disclaimer: I had issues inverting them with the prescribed baking time, so I did bake them longer. they were probably less runny than intended, but still soft and gooey in the middle.
Did you make them on YT, and serve immediately?

nicole81

Post Fri, Apr 22 2011, 2:08 am
ra_mom wrote:
nicole81 wrote:
the molten chocolate cakes from this site were a huge hit with my family and guests the first days. I'll be making them again second days. I do at least 1 milchig lunch so I serve them with vanilla ice cream and they were out of this world. I might even make them for shabbos with strawberry sorbet.

disclaimer: I had issues inverting them with the prescribed baking time, so I did bake them longer. they were probably less runny than intended, but still soft and gooey in the middle.

yep. measured out the ingredients before the meal and then melted the chocolate and whisked everything together as soon as we finished up the main course.

ra_mom

Post Fri, Apr 22 2011, 2:24 am
nicole81 wrote:
ra_mom wrote:
nicole81 wrote:

yep. measured out the ingredients before the meal and then melted the chocolate and whisked everything together as soon as we finished up the main course.
Thanks!

Mevater

Post Wed, Apr 02 2014, 3:49 pm
Any other successful "I can't believe it's Pesachdik" recipes that you enjoyed in previous years?

TIA

CatLady

Post Wed, Apr 02 2014, 4:12 pm
This thread would be incomplete without Marcy Goldman's legendary Matzo Buttercrunch. Click here!!!

Mevater

Post Thu, Mar 19 2015, 3:06 pm
Can we start adding to this list?

Anyone got hold of any amazing Pesach recipes?

ra_mom

Post Thu, Mar 19 2015, 4:35 pm
I find that the best recipes are those that are made with natural ingredients that are used year round. Like fresh vegetable salads, sauted, roasted, guacamole, cubed melon, meats, chicken, creamy mashed potatoes, quinoa, baked salmon, granola, etc.

Mevater

Post Thu, Mar 19 2015, 5:11 pm
ra_mom wrote:
I find that the best recipes are those that are made with natural ingredients that are used year round. Like fresh vegetable salads, sauted, roasted, guacamole, cubed melon, meats, chicken, creamy mashed potatoes, quinoa, baked salmon, granola, etc.

For health reasons, and for me personally, all the above are the best, but when you have guests, youve got to have more than mains and salads, and ultra healthful sides. You need some traditional kugels, interesting sides, cakes/cookies, etc. Yom Tov meals arent complete and filling enough without them. People expect it, kids want it.

Mevater

Post Wed, Apr 05 2017, 3:09 pm
MOM222 wrote:
3 Layer Vegetable Kugel

7 peeled and cooked potatoes
1 onion (diced and sautéed)
Salt and pepper (to taste)
1 egg (optional)

5 large sweet potatoes (cooked)
1 onion (diced and sautéed)

5 large squash (cooked)
½ onion (diced and sautéed)
2 eggs

In three separate bowls combine each layer. Place layers in pan. Bake for 1 hour, or until golden.

IN what order do you place the veg in the pan? This cuts nicely w no potato starch?

Its catch 22. Recipes that have potato starch are very starchy tasting, but without the starch they dont cut well.

tichellady

Post Wed, Apr 05 2017, 3:13 pm
Mevater wrote:
For health reasons, and for me personally, all the above are the best, but when you have guests, youve got to have more than mains and salads, and ultra healthful sides. You need some traditional kugels, interesting sides, cakes/cookies, etc. Yom Tov meals arent complete and filling enough without them. People expect it, kids want it.

Not in my family!

Mevater

Post Wed, Apr 05 2017, 5:49 pm
tichellady wrote:
Not in my family!

Im directing this only to those who have grandchildren:

Im ok with eating carrot and celery sticks all Pesach, not kidding!

But is your idea of delicious desserts and nash the same as that of your grandchildren?

I can hear it now... Come here, Sarala, and Yanky, you want some amazingly delicious and Yomtov-dik carrot sticks or apple slices or a banana or raisins for dessert and for nash?

Bubby has sooo many Yomtov-dik treats for you.

tichellady

Post Wed, Apr 05 2017, 6:32 pm
Mevater wrote:
Im directing this only to those who have grandchildren:

Im ok with eating carrot and celery sticks all Pesach, not kidding!

But is your idea of delicious desserts and nash the same as that of your grandchildren?

I can hear it now... Come here, Sarala, and Yanky, you want some amazingly delicious and Yomtov-dik carrot sticks or apple slices or a banana or raisins for dessert and for nash?

Bubby has sooo many Yomtov-dik treats for you.

There are plenty of little kids in my family. I think the things that are the yummiest are naturally kosher for pesach like meringues, homemade apple sauce, homemade sorbet/ices/granitas, chicken soup, potato kugel (although we are not a kugel family), good chocolate with nuts . Things with Matza meal and potato starch are not popular in our house.

tichellady

Post Wed, Apr 05 2017, 6:34 pm
Flourless walnut cookies, pecan meringues, stawveeey rhubarb compote and scalloped potatoes with cheese are all popular in my house

ra_mom

Post Wed, Apr 05 2017, 6:47 pm
Strawberry froze fruit, squares of chocolates salted cashews, roasted asparagus are not celery and carrot sticks lol. My kids devour the former and are not interested in the latter. Of course we have potato chips and cake and cookie too. But I guess it's just personal preferance of what people like.

PassionFruit

Post Wed, Apr 05 2017, 7:51 pm
Almond butter chocolate chip cookies
lemon bars with macaroon crust
sweet potato kugel
crumb cake
broccoli kugel
compote
fruit crisp
mmmmm. And I made all of these today LOL

OMG!

Post Wed, Apr 05 2017, 8:17 pm
tichellady wrote:
Flourless walnut cookies, pecan meringues, stawveeey rhubarb compote and scalloped potatoes with cheese are all popular in my house

Mind posting recipe of walnut cookie??

tichellady

Post Wed, Apr 05 2017, 8:41 pm
OMG! wrote:
Mind posting recipe of walnut cookie??

I don't really use recipes I just google and adjust- smitten kitchen has one that I base mine off if

Mevater

Post Sun, Mar 21 2021, 4:08 pm
Can anyone add any "I can't believe it's Pesachdik" recipes?

imorethanamother

Post Sun, Mar 21 2021, 11:15 pm
https://jamiegeller.com/recipe.....nies/

This was amazingness. Use actual butter to taste gan eden.

doodlesmom

Post Sun, Mar 21 2021, 11:39 pm
In the Relish they had the most amazing brownie bar recipe. Very simple ingredients, and it’s so un pesachdig. Yum!
Page 5 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics