Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
ISO Boro Park clothes donation dropoff

seeker

Post Thu, Apr 06 2017, 9:52 am
Preferably in the area of 13th between roughly 38-50th streets.
Looking for something I can just dump into without having to park my car.
Also preferably an organization that will sort the clothes so I can just plop everything I have and they won't throw the whole thing in the garbage if the top one isn't to their standard because the rest of the bag could be wonderful.
I just simply have NO TIME to sort and want the clothes to go to a good cause.
I have a non-Jewish box in my neighborhood that will do that but if there's one that services our family then I'd go there first.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Apr 06 2017, 10:03 am
Just understand that the clothes you drop off will be sold by the pound for pennies at best, at worst left strewn over the street.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Thu, Apr 06 2017, 10:20 am
ra_mom wrote:
Just understand that the clothes you drop off will be sold by the pound for pennies at best, at worst left strewn over the street.

Do you have any suggestions instead? because I also want to donate, but not if its sold for pennies. not op

amother
cornflower

Post Thu, Apr 06 2017, 10:54 am
You can try Aishel Shabbat. They do pickups not sure if you can drop off but you can call them and find out. Don't know if they're still doing pickups so close to Pesach but you can try.
718-485-0672

ra_mom

Post Thu, Apr 06 2017, 11:05 am
There's a watsap group that works wonderfully for me. It's so nice when people actually want your things and are happy to come pick them up. But they're not interested in garbage bags for of random clothes. So I'll offer something like girls full summer wardrobe size 3T, including shabbos, weekday robe. And it goes super quickly. I tell them first come, first serve and don't hold anything for anyone (when I did that in the past the stuff didn't end up being taken. Someone who really wants it will come right away.)

Stars

Post Thu, Apr 06 2017, 11:28 am
ra_mom wrote:
There's a watsap group that works wonderfully for me. It's so nice when people actually want your things and are happy to come pick them up. But they're not interested in garbage bags for of random clothes. So I'll offer something like girls full summer wardrobe size 3T, including shabbos, weekday robe. And it goes super quickly. I tell them first come, first serve and don't hold anything for anyone (when I did that in the past the stuff didn't end up being taken. Someone who really wants it will come right away.)

Is this a public whatsapp group?

ra_mom

Post Thu, Apr 06 2017, 11:44 am
It's a huge group. They actually have a number of them and they try to divide by area since there is 100 member limit for group chats on watsap. PM me for admin info so you can message them and obtain entry.

seeker

Post Thu, Apr 06 2017, 4:35 pm
I don't think whatsapp is a good solution for me because I don't have time to sort and coordinate pickups. I need to just give the whole thing to someone who can take what they want and toss the rest.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries