Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Jewish piano book

happy mommy6

Post Wed, Apr 19 2017, 6:57 pm
I'm looking for piano book that has heimish songs, that child can teach himself.
There is such a book out there, but I don't know name! Anyone know what I'm talking about?
Tia!

happy mommy6

Post Wed, Apr 19 2017, 10:18 pm
Bump

happy mommy6

Post Thu, Apr 20 2017, 9:37 am
Bump

Chayalle

Post Thu, Apr 20 2017, 9:55 am
U-play?

There is another too, but I forget the name...

amother
Powderblue

Post Thu, Apr 20 2017, 9:59 am
Ask your local Judaica store.

Last edited by amother on Thu, Jan 09 2020, 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

slpnsg

Post Thu, Apr 20 2017, 1:12 pm
There is a journeys and dveykus songbook. Not sure if that's what ur referring to.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Apr 20 2017, 1:25 pm
I recommend the Journeys and Dveikus songbooks if you can help guide your child to read notes. It's really the best way to really learn to play music. I have the U-play, but personally I don't go for the easy-play methods that bypass reading notes. I think it can actually do a disservice - I know some people practically develop a mental block to reading notes because they've used these various shortcuts.

I've taught my DD's to read notes via these songbooks, and with minimal guidance they play quite beautifully (I've also taught them to add chords and background accompaniment using their left hand...most sheet music will have the chords written alongside the music, for guidance). However I don't believe every child will be able to do it on their own using these...they may need a little help.....

There's also a whole series of songbooks called Chassidic songbooks or something like that - like 9 different volumes, published in Israel (all explanations are in Hebrew) sold in Judaica stores. I own a couple of them - they're good too. The first one has pretty simple, pretty well-known tunes.

Some popular singers today have sheet music for their songs available on their websites (like Baruch Levine, Schwekey, and others). I've downloaded these, printed them off, and put them in plastic page covers into a music looseleaf, and the girls now play some of their favorites using these as guides.

happy mommy6

Post Thu, Apr 20 2017, 1:50 pm
Thank you for your suggestions.
I think I'm looking for the uplay....
can't seem to find it online.
Do you know who sells it?
I def see that learning to play notes is better, but I dint want to pay for lessons now, and I do by know how to read notes!

Chayalle

Post Thu, Apr 20 2017, 1:54 pm
Tzippy Neuman in Lakewood sells it (she is actually the author). 732-905-3819.

happy mommy6

Post Thu, Apr 20 2017, 4:07 pm
Tysm!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics