Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Mirrer yeshiva vs cheder and darchei aliya

amother
Chocolate

Post Wed, Apr 19 2017, 8:35 pm
hi
anyone have children in mirrer yeshiva in brooklyn and can tell me about the school?
we heard about the Cheder and darchei aliya
anyone can recommend anything good?
we are confused. Confused
thank you!

Last edited by amother on Tue, Jan 16 2018, 8:03 am; edited 2 times in total

amother
Slategray

Post Wed, Apr 19 2017, 8:55 pm
Ok so I would say that cheder is ultra yeshivish or rather more Yeshivish then mir. I have quiet a few friends that send to mir and they are happy. In all honesty I never heard of darchei. Also I don't mean to come out as nasty but you definitely can phrase your question in a better way so mir yeshiva doesn't look bad.

doctorima

Post Thu, Apr 20 2017, 7:23 am
The Cheder is very well-run, but quite selective and really, really hard to get into. It's also to the right of Mir. Darchey Aliya is completely different; they teach based on a modified version of the Gra/Al Pi Darko method, where they learn all of Chumash (or Tanach?), then start Mishnayos and do that well, then Gemora.

There's a poster here who sends there and loves it, but I think there was also recently a breakaway from the school, so I don't know how that's affected it. It's not your cookie-cutter school; for some kids (and families) that's great, but I think if you weren't happy there after a few years, it might be hard to switch and integrate back into a different school.

Eindvar7

Post Mon, Aug 07 2017, 9:44 pm
Thank you very much!!!

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Nov 28 2018, 12:23 pm
Hi,
My two sons have been in Yeshiva DArchei Aliya for 3 years and LOVE IT and are doing great. It is for regular ed students who want more than the regular classroom can offer them. My sons learn a ton through Rabbi Rietties materials and me second grader can pretty much open a pasuk from anywhere and figure out the meaning from the skills he has been give. My boys commute to brooklyn from the five towns/ far rockaway area with a few other kids and don't mind the commute because the experience is amazing. I highly recommend it!

Reality

Post Wed, Nov 28 2018, 1:41 pm
doctorima wrote:
The Cheder is very well-run, but quite selective and really, really hard to get into. It's also to the right of Mir. Darchey Aliya is completely different; they teach based on a modified version of the Gra/Al Pi Darko method, where they learn all of Chumash (or Tanach?), then start Mishnayos and do that well, then Gemora.

There's a poster here who sends there and loves it, but I think there was also recently a breakaway from the school, so I don't know how that's affected it. It's not your cookie-cutter school; for some kids (and families) that's great, but I think if you weren't happy there after a few years, it might be hard to switch and integrate back into a different school.

Just to correct a mistake. Darchai aliya is a break away school. They broke away from yeshiva bnei torah which doesn't exist anymore.

I would also say that if you have a well adjusted child they should have very few problems switching to another yeshiva if you feel like you needed to down the road.

amother
Black

Post Wed, Feb 19 2020, 11:27 am
[
align=center]Mirrer Yehsiva ketana ladies tea, auction and desserts
iyh Wed 2/26/20
Khal Kol Torah Shul
2022 Ave M
8 PM
Liluy Nishmas our dear friend Mrs Maita Rosenblum AH
who inspired us always
Hope you can make it!
All women invited!
Checks for Scholarship fund in her beloved memory, $20 Admission
[/align]

amother
Maroon

Post Wed, Feb 19 2020, 1:19 pm
I send my boys to mir and are very happy there, very warm and loving teachers rambam and Hanhala! They really work with each student!

Lovemy5

Post Wed, Feb 19 2020, 1:26 pm
I’ve been very happy with the Mir. Down to earth Frum/yeshivish parent body, great staff in all departments. The class sizes have been dwindling which is good for me, though maybe not for the school. I think it’s easy to get into. Overall, my experience has been very positive.

amother
Apricot

Post Wed, Feb 19 2020, 9:26 pm
I never sent to any but from others in my life:

I see the darchei aliyah parents thrilled, happy, over the moon, kids LOVE to learn and go to school. Parents are the type to not care of going out of the box for their children's well being.

I see the cheder gets a very solid down to earth unmaterialistic, lishma crowd. Very well behaved over other yeshivas. Very legit yeshivish hashkafa.

Mir, definitely smaller class sizes are seen as a plus by the parent body.

amother
Taupe

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 7:18 am
What is the tuition in Mir and in Yeshiva Darchei Aliyah?

Thanks

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, Dec 29 2020, 11:21 am
Bumping this up.
What is the parent body like for these schools?
(Do they only accept Black hat/white shirts only?)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics