Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Should I opt for Dtap or the dtap w/ polio and hep b?

amother
Slategray

Post Thu, Apr 20 2017, 10:23 am
For those of you who space, is there a difference if I give the 3 combined shot (dtap) or the 5 combined (dtap plus polio and hep b combined in one shot)
will there be less toxins if I give 3 instead of 5. And would the body handle less better?

amother
Slategray

Post Thu, Apr 20 2017, 11:16 am
Bump

Going to doc in a few

amother
Pearl

Post Thu, Apr 20 2017, 12:32 pm
Personally I believe that the less that you give at one time, the better.

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, Apr 20 2017, 1:19 pm
It doesn't really make much of a difference, but giving them all together means less number of shots overall, which is less unpleasant for your child.

Iymnok

Post Thu, Apr 20 2017, 1:40 pm
Actually, a nurse just told me that the body handles more at once better. (This was a total of eight being offered in three shots, two legs, one arm).
Take it or leave it.

amother
Ruby

Post Thu, Apr 20 2017, 2:29 pm
Keep in mind that more shots means more preservatives, aluminum etc. (Not to mention more pain...)

Polio and Hep B are from the more well-tolerated vaccines, side effects are rare.
(Then again, babies in the US [not born to mothers with Hep B] are at very low risk of getting those particular diseases, so they wouldn't be the worst vaccines to delay either.)

I used to space and selectively vaccinate, but the more I read the more confused and stressed I got. I finally decided that I'm not actually qualified to participate in this debate, and that if the vast majority of scientists, researchers and doctors who actually ARE qualified to participate are saying to follow the recommended schedule, then that is my correct hishtadlus.

B"H, my kids have been just as fine with multiple vaccines at once as they were with one at a time.

shnitzel

Post Thu, Apr 20 2017, 2:33 pm
I also used to spread and select vaccines and now give as many as I can at once. I haven't looked at the research in a long time but I am thoroughly convinced that it's good to give as many as possible as early as possible.

amother
Denim

Post Thu, Apr 20 2017, 5:21 pm
For what it's worth, the Dr. Sears book says not to use the combination shots especially for those who are prone to side effects. He says even if you have to have them done at the same visit to do them separately (3 seperate shots instead of 1 combination). Combination shots do contain higher levels of aluminum and other preservatives according to him. He shows the exact amounts and brands in his book. I've done it both ways and personally didn't notice any difference, but may be best to look into it more.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Apr 20 2017, 10:13 pm
If Hep B is given at birth, this leads to more doses of Hep B than necessary. Although you can pick a different vaccine later on to finish the other series...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics