Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals
No fry eggplant parmigian?

Esther23

Post Wed, Jul 18 2007, 5:40 pm
Anyone know of a recipe for eggplant parmigian without first breading and frying the eggplant?
Would it be good if I just slice raw eggplant and then layer it with cheese and marinara sauce and bake it like that?

livalittle

Post Wed, Jul 18 2007, 6:03 pm
What I do with both zuchini and eggplant is the following - slice it into wide pieces, spread out on pan, spray pam, pour bread\cornflake crumbs (cant remem what I have in house), bake until crisp, then I pour over marinara sauce, cottage and farmers cheese, more marinara sauce (spice however you like, I usually do the onio\garlic powder thing) - and lotsa mozzarella chesse - bake until cheese is light brown, no higher than 450.

Esther01

Post Wed, Jul 18 2007, 6:09 pm
I spray pam on the eggplant and then broil it in oven for about 10 minutes

Esther23

Post Wed, Jul 18 2007, 6:13 pm
Thanks Esther01, that's exactly what I wanted to hear! So you don't put any crumbs at all? and then how long do I bake it with the cheese and sauce?

Esther01

Post Wed, Jul 18 2007, 6:24 pm
no crumbs at all, bake till the cheese looks done, I think another 15 or 20 minutes.

Esther23

Post Wed, Jul 18 2007, 6:28 pm
great, thank you very much!

Esther01

Post Wed, Jul 18 2007, 6:30 pm
hearty appetite

mumoo

Post Wed, Jul 18 2007, 6:36 pm
My friend made this all thru Pesach and the children couldn't eat enough-

she cubed the eggplant and sauteed it, then put it in a baking dish with sauce and cheese

I'm sure there were spicing ingredients; it was so yum.

You can pm her, she's bitzenkiv

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Jul 18 2007, 7:00 pm
I posted an egplant steak recipe which is much healthier. shall I bump it up for you?

Esther23

Post Wed, Jul 18 2007, 10:08 pm
thanks choc. I saw the steak recipe in the other thread, sounds delicious and it's definitely on my list of stuff to try. For tonight I needed something that would take real fast since I started very late.

Esther23

Post Wed, Jul 18 2007, 10:10 pm
Esther01, my eggplant came out delicious - thanks a ton, but I had to bake it for way more than just 20 minutes, maybe because I made it with 3 layers?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals