Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Im soooo bored!

STRONGMOM

Post Wed, Jul 18 2007, 5:03 am
Ok this is the situation.
I have two gorgeous boys 1 year old and three year old. My oldest goes to kindergarten , pick him up at 1 .
Im on shlichus, live far from any shomer shabbos family , at least 30 mns drive from friends. I dont work ( not worth it if I have to pay a babysitter).
And Im soooo bored. I love taking care of my children. I bring them to the park every day, I take them swimming, I sit with them and play , do A&c with my older one. But Im craving for some company. So yes I invite people from our community at least once a week. Nice people. Good fun but Im craving for people my style. Frum, same school, same hashkafa. This is the downside of shlichus. not that I regret it. I moved here a year ago. Its a great challenge, very fulfilling..
But ...once again ( and I promise its the last time Ill say it) Im bored!!!

Ruchel

Post Wed, Jul 18 2007, 10:28 am
I feel for you. We have only 2 or so families I would 100% trust the kashrus, etc, in walking distance. One b'h has a little girl born just after mine, but I would also love more machmir Mo and + families in walking distance... how do you prevent your 3 year old to be bored on shabbes?? I already dread it.

I wish I could help you too...

Motek

Post Wed, Jul 18 2007, 2:26 pm
Ruchel wrote:
I would also love more machmir Mo and + families in walking distance... how do you prevent your 3 year old to be bored on shabbes?? I already dread it.

Your parents were willing to move to accomodate your m-i-l, why not move in order to be near my frum families, a beautiful mikva, and other amenities?

Ruchel

Post Wed, Jul 18 2007, 2:42 pm
we are planning to move if a school doesn't open here or in a close town. The only great mikve is in the 16th district, and that we so cannot afford.

Generally big communities are either in not so great areas, or extremely expensive. We are probably going to buy when dh wins the trial against the mil for his father's money, with G-d's help, so we will be able to afford something really good.

STRONGMOM

Post Thu, Jul 19 2007, 3:27 am
ruchel what do u do with u kids for school?
I take it u live in paris
ive been theremany times. loove it there. but I thought it was such a huge community with tons of schools around

Ruchel

Post Thu, Jul 19 2007, 9:03 am
I live in Parisian area, near Euro disneyland. Paris b'h has many schools. My daughter is too small for any type of school, but I am already wondering where I'll send her to gan at 3. The Consistoire wants to open something in my town or a neighbouring one, and the Lubavich in a rather close one. I fear there won't be enough children for both and there will be a huge competition, which could lead to not enough kids for both, no one wanting to renounce, and no gan at all. Then... I doubt we're driving every day to Vincennes or Créteil... so we'll move. Every one here sends to public school, but what was cool in their or my times is NOT today (my parents already almost switched me to private) and I also want my children to get a better Jewish education than weekly Talmud Torah or even learning at home every day without a teacher. Some also still think it's ok to send girls to public because girls don't need to learn, but I would rather my daughter learns too.

Ruchel

Post Thu, Jul 19 2007, 9:05 am
Oh, I also want a school under contract with the government, so the children get the hs diploma and not study "in vain". And I would rather a school that is "Opened" enough for learning modern Hebrew, as my dh didn't learn much of it and well it's annoying.

STRONGMOM

Post Thu, Jul 19 2007, 9:08 am
how come you live so far from the jewish parisian life?
are you on shlichus?
are you lubavitcher/
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics