Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Wunderwig or alibaba?

Jelliew

Post Fri, Apr 28 2017, 12:22 am
Has anyone purchased a copy wunderwig from alibaba? I've seen a number of factories that seem to make a similar product...and significantly cheaper. They claim to supply for other wig companies, and I'm sure 99% of what we buy is made in china anyway- just wondering if anyone has been brave enough to try it!

Also- what actually makes the wunderwig so comfy? How is it different than any regular band fall?

agreer

Post Fri, Apr 28 2017, 12:35 am
I almost did but it was soooooo complicated to order. I really want to order one but I have an extra-large cap size and I couldn't figure out how to custom order... it's not like amazon where there are drop downs.

I've tried on a wunderwig. It's as comfy as a bandfall, BUT the ponytail is made really well, so that it moves and looks natural. It's basically a pony fall.

If you order from alibaba and have a good experience, can you be in touch and let me know how it goes? I would love to do it! If it was simpler, I would've done it already.

And yes, I am SURE that they originate in China! Wigs generate a huuuuuuge markup.

Jelliew

Post Fri, Apr 28 2017, 12:58 am
I ordered a Bandit copy, and had a good experience. It did take a lot of back and forth, but I wanted to be certain since I could not return. The vendor I went has a hechsher listed on their site that looked legit (but as with anything online- who knows!) The quality seems really nice, but I haven't worn it yet. I just washed it since arriving from China, and hopefully will wear it out soon! Will keep you posted! If it seems to be holding up, I would consider buying their version of the wunder wig too. It's around $300, and looks identical. Don't know if its made as well as the real wunderwig though. But we are talking hundreds of dollars difference...!

MommySA

Post Fri, Oct 19 2018, 3:55 am
Jelliew wrote:
I ordered a Bandit copy, and had a good experience. It did take a lot of back and forth, but I wanted to be certain since I could not return. The vendor I went has a hechsher listed on their site that looked legit (but as with anything online- who knows!) The quality seems really nice, but I haven't worn it yet. I just washed it since arriving from China, and hopefully will wear it out soon! Will keep you posted! If it seems to be holding up, I would consider buying their version of the wunder wig too. It's around $300, and looks identical. Don't know if its made as well as the real wunderwig though. But we are talking hundreds of dollars difference...!

How has your wig held up?

Thanks!

married2020

Post Fri, Oct 19 2018, 8:25 am
agreer wrote:
I almost did but it was soooooo complicated to order. I really want to order one but I have an extra-large cap size and I couldn't figure out how to custom order... it's not like amazon where there are drop downs.

I've tried on a wunderwig. It's as comfy as a bandfall, BUT the ponytail is made really well, so that it moves and looks natural. It's basically a pony fall.

If you order from alibaba and have a good experience, can you be in touch and let me know how it goes? I would love to do it! If it was simpler, I would've done it already.

And yes, I am SURE that they originate in China! Wigs generate a huuuuuuge markup.

I messaged the seller before placing my order and confirmed with him size , etc.
then I messaged him again once I had placed my order to let him know.

Miriam Rosin

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 6:59 am
How was your experience with your wunderwig from alibaba or aliexpress? I'm looking to get one but I'm skeptical about buying a wig online from china. Is it good hair/quality material? Which one did you get- wavy or straight?

Miriam Rosin

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 7:00 am
Jelliew wrote:

How was your experience with your wunderwig from alibaba or aliexpress? I'm looking to get one but I'm skeptical about buying a wig online from china. Is it good hair/quality material? Which one did you get- wavy or straight?

daagahminayin

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 7:31 am
I’ve ordered a sports wig (wonderwig copy), a bandit copy, clip-on bangs, and an iband copy from different companies on Alibaba and AliExpress (Gosh, never had to list it before - I sure bought a lot! Guess I went through a “phase” a couple of years ago. But you know what, I still spent less than a Wonderwig...)

If you have the patience, I would recommend buying this way for the savings, because I do think the quality is comparable to the brand names - and might even come from the same place.

Be really careful with sizing if you have a larger head. The first wonderwig copy I bought was too tight and I ended up selling it, even though I gave my measurements. It might be worthwhile to ask for a looser fit.

Order Brazilian or European hair. The first wonderwig copy I got was Mongolian and it was not as nice.

With some of the extension pieces I bought, I had to dye them to exactly match my wigs.

There is at least one Facebook group that helps Jewish women order wigs from China - you could get more help there.

devash1

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 8:15 am
I really want to order one online. I have a very dark hair so I don't think getting a fall should be so complicated but way too scared with out advice. Are you able to share what the face group book is called? Sometimes I think I know what I'm looking for and I still can't find it thank you

Miriam Rosin

Post Wed, Jun 19 2019, 9:59 am
daagahminayin wrote:
I’ve ordered a sports wig (wonderwig copy), a bandit copy, clip-on bangs, and an iband copy from different companies on Alibaba and AliExpress (Gosh, never had to list it before - I sure bought a lot! Guess I went through a “phase” a couple of years ago. But you know what, I still spent less than a Wonderwig...)

If you have the patience, I would recommend buying this way for the savings, because I do think the quality is comparable to the brand names - and might even come from the same place.

Be really careful with sizing if you have a larger head. The first wonderwig copy I bought was too tight and I ended up selling it, even though I gave my measurements. It might be worthwhile to ask for a looser fit.

Order Brazilian or European hair. The first wonderwig copy I got was Mongolian and it was not as nice.

With some of the extension pieces I bought, I had to dye them to exactly match my wigs.

There is at least one Facebook group that helps Jewish women order wigs from China - you could get more help there.

I'm thinking about getting one of these 2 wigs. Since you ordered from this company before, maybe you could tell me if you think that these options would be a good buy?

https://www.aliexpress.com/ite.....67Z10

https://www.aliexpress.com/ite.....67Z10
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels