Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Deodorant for 9 year old girl?

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, Apr 30 2017, 12:50 am
DD has started to complain about getting sweaty and smelling bad. I haven't noticed any b.o. but maybe she's sensitive to it. She asked me for deodorant. I don't mind buying some for her, but I have no idea what to get. We have a family history of allergies and eczema, so I have to be careful to get her deodorant that won't irritate her skin.

Any suggestions?

Amother to protect DD's privacy.

lifesagift

Post Sun, Apr 30 2017, 12:55 am
Careline has gentle hypoallergenic aluminum n parabeen n alcohol free
Hope that helps

lifesagift

Post Sun, Apr 30 2017, 12:56 am
Also crystal essence, same. Both roll one, especially for young girls

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Apr 30 2017, 6:12 am
Ask your pharmacist for recommendations, then bring DD along and let her smell all of the choices. I found that was really important for my DD, because she is sensitive to smells, and she wouldn't want to put on anything that smelled bad, to cover a bad smell!

Some of the girls' deodorants were too sweet and floral for her, so she ended up going with a "fresh scent" sports type. Eventually she ended up needing a 24 hour antiperspirant, because she was soaking through her clothes and was embarrassed by the pit stains. She also started taking a shower as soon as she got home from school (all on her own, without me having to say anything!)

cm

Post Sun, Apr 30 2017, 7:07 am
Start with unscented, please.

Personally, I have found "Arm and Hammer Essentials" to be the least irritating, but still can't use it over long-term.

Witch hazel wipes (marketed as hemorrhoid wipes) are great for this purpose, both to prevent odor reasonably well and to freshen up. Not irritating at all IME.

Do any if the people in the family who have sensitive skin have any recommendations?

ra_mom

Post Sun, Apr 30 2017, 8:32 am
We have this.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.....orant
It comes in a girls version (cherry scent) but this scent is the one we like. It has very unisex scent so dd wears this one.
It also comes in unscented versions.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Apr 30 2017, 11:54 am
for myself (and DH) I realized the higher the aluminum content the more irritating. at this point I go to the health food store and just take any aluminum free one that I like the scent of.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Apr 30 2017, 11:54 am
double post

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Apr 30 2017, 12:32 pm
If you want something VERY natural, baking soda is the best
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children