Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
What would you do?
Previous  1  2

carrot

Post Sat, May 28 2005, 7:35 pm
I know a boy who wets his bed three or four nights a week. he is nine years old. he has not worn diapers of any sort for years. his parents tried the alarm thing and it didn't work. (he did not wake up from it.)

one thing that they did which I think is smart is that they showed him how to change his linen himself. he also puts it into the washing machine and is responsible to make sure that he always has clean linen on his bed before he goes to sleep. I think this can help with the self-esteem and embarassment issues.

amother

Post Sat, May 28 2005, 9:07 pm
We are doing the alarm thing with our daughter now. Also we severely limit fluids during dinner and none after. She was doing well but now she is wet A LOT. She does wake up with the alarm but also wakes me to help her turn it off and change. I am so upset by the problem that I can't go back to sleep so I'm exhausted. The doctor said the alarm would work in 12 weeks but it has been about 5 and she seems to be doing worse every week. Now I read that a poster's son failed with the alarm and I'm even more discouraged. I should add she has been daytime dry for years! What to do?

micki

Post Sat, May 28 2005, 9:31 pm
I have a friend whos boys do the same thing. they tried everything and no the doc suggested a drug that reminds the body not to create so much pish ant night. not sure how it works but she just started him on it. I'll let you know how it works.

supermom

Post Sun, May 29 2005, 3:20 am
please do let us know my daughter is four and she is a real bed wetter and doesn't really care even when I don't put on diapers on her at night it doesn't bother her one bit being wet even when she wakes up she doesn't think twice about it.

raizy

Post Tue, May 31 2005, 8:25 pm
my daughter does care. but she would still wet her bed. its a 50 50 kind of a deal I dont know when she will have anther accident . so for her sake and mine I put her on a pamper.

and yes motek. kids in the olden days pissed all over in their beds pants. etc. so their poor mothers had to keep on changing the sheets every single night. and it is gentic... with the boys. with the girls I dont seem to know...

Motek

Post Wed, Jun 01 2005, 12:43 pm
raizy wrote:
kids in the olden days pissed all over in their beds pants. etc. so their poor mothers had to keep on changing the sheets every single night

maybe some did
the rest remained dry

a few people I know from "the olden days" Rolling Eyes who are in their 30'-40's, were dry at night, men too

Yael

Post Wed, Jun 01 2005, 1:14 pm
Quote:
a few people I know from "the olden days" who are in their 30'-40's, were dry at night, men too

the ones that wet the bed wont go proclaiming it all over town either.

Tefila

Post Wed, Jun 01 2005, 1:21 pm
I know of two men who are now in their 40's 50's who admitted to wetting their beds until later on in years, like 8 and 9 yrs . Exclamation

amother

Post Wed, Jun 01 2005, 1:59 pm
lol and I bet if I were to ask my mother in law if my husband wet his bed (which I'm sure he would have blocked out if he did) my mil would twist the truth.

Motek

Post Wed, Jun 01 2005, 2:07 pm
Yael wrote:
the ones that wet the bed wont go proclaiming it all over town either.

then seems that we don't have an accurate way of knowing one way or the other!

hey, maybe a good research project (phD?) - design a questionaire and do research, pre-disposables, now, with disposables

thing is, how reliable are these questionaires - even when anonymous, people lie Confused
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics