Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Can I buy on Ebay during the 9-days?

amother

Post Fri, Jul 20 2007, 3:33 pm
A maternity skirt I am interested in is ending today. Does anyone know if I am allowed to bid? I doubt it will come before T'bAV. I'd just let it go, but it's so hard to find affordable tznius maternity clothes. Please don't suggest for me to call a Rav, I am not going to bother. If it seems to be a problem, I'll just skip it.

amother

Post Fri, Jul 20 2007, 4:13 pm
I think what you can do is ask the seller if you can pay her after tisha bav. I dont think its considered a transaction according to halacha until; money changes hands.

amother

Post Fri, Jul 20 2007, 4:16 pm
I think what you can do is ask the seller if you can pay her after tisha bav. I dont think its considered a transaction according to halacha until; money changes hands.

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Jul 20 2007, 5:03 pm
if it's a bargain and you need it, you're def allowed, al pi what TR said before....you're for sure not going to get it before tish b'av. right? how is it different than a mail order catalog?

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Fri, Jul 20 2007, 5:25 pm
well, then can you order any clothing online during 9 days? even if not a bargain?

BlumaG

Post Fri, Jul 20 2007, 7:35 pm
we were told if its bargain or s/thing u may miss out on u may buy but not wear in the 9 days

Raisin

Post Sat, Jul 21 2007, 6:17 pm
I don't know if it is relevant, but a mourner, who is not normally allowed to buy new clothes, may buy maternity clothing if she needs.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note