Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Empty beach near Lakewood?
1  2  Next

benny

Post Wed, May 17 2017, 9:57 pm
Does anyone know of an empty beach where I can take my boys this summer? We really love the beach and now that they're big I don't take them anymore. Would love to know if anyone knows of one that is usually empty. Would be mid week not weekend.
Thanks!

esther36

Post Wed, May 17 2017, 10:32 pm
I've gone Friday afternoon like 3-4 o'clock straight down cedar bridge and was only Jews there. Never tried during the week but assuming after 4-5 o'clock would be the same on weekdays

benny

Post Wed, May 17 2017, 10:41 pm
Thanks! Drive straight down cedar bridge and hit it?

esther36

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 12:52 am
Basically! When u can't go anymore u can either turn right or left it makes no difference and then u turn up one of the side roads and ull be there

benny

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 7:23 am
thanks!

Cmon be nice

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 10:08 am
esther36 wrote:
I've gone Friday afternoon like 3-4 o'clock straight down cedar bridge and was only Jews there. Never tried during the week but assuming after 4-5 o'clock would be the same on weekdays

Im looking at google maps. Are you talking about Mantoloking bridge county park, or across the bridge by Ocean Ave?

esther36

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 10:47 am
U drive over the bridge and there's a traffic light. Turn right or left at the light and beach is right there. If u turned right make a left. If u turned left make a right

Cmon be nice

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 10:52 am
Thanks

esther36

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 10:54 am
Pleasure! And if u go lemme know if it is empty during the week or not!

Cmon be nice

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 10:56 am
sure- I assume theres no problem with parking?

esther36

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 11:07 am
Not at all. On each block there r a few spots and if that block is full u go up the next one and you'll find one there.

hillary

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 12:08 pm
We go there every yr. The beaches do not empty out till 6- 6.30 and even then there are women in bikinis strolling till late. We always find an empty stretch and my boys are too busy in the water to notice anyone. Btw you cannot go on the beach until after 5 (lifeguard hrs) without a beach badge. Also mantoking and brick are crawling with police. We once got a huge ticket just by parking facin g the wrong direction. Basically, make sure to follow the rules. Another place is Windward Beach park. Again after lifeguard hrs thereis an official fenced off swimming section and more big boy appropriate as its full of frum families and little kids. Safer to swim there but doesnt have those huge surfing waves of the other beaches.

sky

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 12:11 pm
I take my boys to Mantoloking Its really close and quiet because there are no bathrooms or stores - so it isn't very touristy.
We go after 5:00 because it is quieter. You don't need badges after 5:00 or 5:30 in some areas.
You drive straight down Cedar Bridge until you cross a bridge and get to a light before the ocean. I turn right and drive a few intersections. Either you can turn left and park in a side street right off the beach with an access path or turn right and park on a side street and cross over.
Just don't sit too high up because there are dunes and peoples' property does go down into that area.
It is gorgeous and peaceful - I love it.
If you want to start your trip earlier in the day - Righ before the bridge on the left is a nice small park and a boat launch. People go crabbing there under the bridge. There is alos a look out area around the side of the bridge were you can watch boats or walk over the bridge. Its really nice.
During the day I don't think you can really find a quiet beach.
There are a lot of Jews there but if you walk a bit you can find an empty area.

hillary

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 12:15 pm
I agree! The beach there is breathtakingly calm. Very relaxing..

Emotional

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 12:30 pm
This may or may not be up your alley, but my friend with older boys takes her kids to the beach early in the morning, like 6:00-7:00 a.m. It's totally empty then, and a lot cooler. For me it would be way to early to get everyone up and out, though.

Last edited by Emotional on Tue, Aug 18 2020, 11:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

perquacky

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 1:42 pm
I wouldn't take your kids after lifeguard hours. Too risky. It would be less dangerous if there were no lifeguards and fewer people in the water. You could keep a better eye on the kids. When the water is full, it's hard to see if something is going wrong.

sky

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 1:46 pm
When we go there is almost no one in the water - its empty. I really only let my kids go in up pretty shallow. No swimming or deep wading at all. Its more about the ocean and sand and experience then going in far. My little kids just put in their ankles and are happy.

June

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 4:01 pm
OP, I just have to laugh at your username! It's so appropriate!

Isn't there a "matching thread title to username" thread somewhere?

esther36

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 4:22 pm
We go after hours and my little ones wear paddle jumpers even though they only put their feet in the water, I'd rather be safe than sorry. All they wanna do is play in the sand usually anyway. If they're not swimming I don't see the safety issue

benny

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 8:13 pm
June wrote:
OP, I just have to laugh at your username! It's so appropriate!

Isn't there a "matching thread title to username" thread somewhere?

I don't get this
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics