Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Covering hair while sleeping
1  2  3  Next

applesandhoney

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 9:03 am
Do you do it? Why or why not?

I do, but it wasn't a conscious decision. More like, my hair is messy and because I don't want to fuss with it I wear a snood to bed.

bsy

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 9:05 am
No. Not comfortable

Moonlight

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 9:12 am
I probably should but I don't. Not comfortable

doctorima

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 9:16 am
Yes, I always try my best to cover even when sleeping. Obviously, I'm human and occasionally the snood will shift around and even come off.

pesek zman

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 9:20 am
No, not my hashkafah

Sadie

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 9:23 am
For me it would be like wearing shoes to bed.

miami85

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 9:23 am
Only during nidda, and I've heard that there's leeway for that, but I choose to be machmir.

tichellady

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 9:42 am
No- to me, that is not modesty at all. I know people have very different views of modesty, so not trying to offend.

Maryann

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 9:50 am
No I know my husband is upset about it...

Librarian

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 9:52 am
Yes, I do. It felt uncomfortable for the first few weeks of marriage but then I got used to it and I could not sleep any other way. 28 years and counting BH! It is certainly praiseworthy if you can do it. Common among many women with Hungarian backgrounds - but maybe not the new generation of marrieds.

tigerwife

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 10:12 am
miami85 wrote:
Only during nidda, and I've heard that there's leeway for that, but I choose to be machmir.

I do the same.

iammom

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 10:12 am
No I don't. I don't hold one has to cover their hair in their home (unless other men are around. And I'll also cover if female guests are around).
Plus it's uncomfortable.

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 11:13 am
Librarian wrote:
Yes, I do. It felt uncomfortable for the first few weeks of marriage but then I got used to it and I could not sleep any other way. 28 years and counting BH! It is certainly praiseworthy if you can do it. Common among many women with Hungarian backgrounds - but maybe not the new generation of marrieds.
Its only praiseworthy if thats what your haskafa holds.
Personally, no, I dont cover when I go to sleep. I dont cover in my house at all, unless unrelated men are in my home.

heidi

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 11:41 am
miami85 wrote:

Before we got married we sat with a rav who asked DH straight out-- does perfume make you h#$ny (obviously more delicately than that!)? How about singing etc. And that's how we established what we should or shouldn't do when I was niddah. My hair never even came up. I think people need to be careful when they say it is praiseworthy to cover hair at night or when niddah-- it might just be a completely ridiculous chumrah . . .

smile12345

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 11:59 am
heidi wrote:
Before we got married we sat with a rav who asked DH straight out-- does perfume make you h#$ny (obviously more delicately than that!)? How about singing etc. And that's how we established what we should or shouldn't do when I was niddah. My hair never even came up. I think people need to be careful when they say it is praiseworthy to cover hair at night or when niddah-- it might just be a completely ridiculous chumrah . . .

Many hold it as halacha when nidda, not chumra.
It doesn't only have to do with what he finds arousing, but to do with covering ervah when niddah. (Of course there are different opinions, but calling it a ridiculous chumrah is wrong.)

MommyM

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 12:52 pm
Yes, I do because that's we hold that it is better to.

heidi

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 1:05 pm
It's not a halacha.
It's a chumra. You can object to the word ridiculous, but it is a very dangerous, slippery slope to think that chumrot are halachot

mommy3b2c

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 1:19 pm
No. It would never enter my brain to cover when sleeping. Bed is bed. I can sleep in whatever I want. Including my birthday suit if that's what I choose.

fish

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 1:20 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Its only praiseworthy if thats what your haskafa holds.
Personally, no, I dont cover when I go to sleep. I dont cover in my house at all, unless unrelated men are in my home.

I dont, but its always praiseworthy to take on extra chumros even if its not ur hashkafa.

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, May 18 2017, 1:39 pm
fish wrote:
I dont, but its always praiseworthy to take on extra chumros even if its not ur hashkafa.
No, it is not always praiseworthy to take on chumrot. And that is MY hashkafa.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels