Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
BCBA information
1  2  Next

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, May 17 2017, 12:27 pm
How much (roughly) does it cost to become a BCBA through an online course?

imasinger

Post Wed, May 17 2017, 12:53 pm
Do you have the prerequisites?

Here is an overview.

https://bacb.com/bcba-option-1/

TwinsMommy

Post Wed, May 17 2017, 1:44 pm
correct me if I'm wrong, but if you already have the masters and are already working as an rBT (or even if not), it's just applied experience hours and studying for the exam--- no additional coursework past the masters.

for the masters, I don't believe it's something that should be done online.

amother
Lime

Post Wed, May 17 2017, 2:56 pm
A bcba degree is a post masters program. If you have masters in another field you can learn everything online in about a year and a half. My husband is doing it now. It costs roughly $10,000 I think and doesnt qualify for government loans/tax breaks.

TwinsMommy

Post Wed, May 17 2017, 3:29 pm
If your master's is in education there's extra coursework before the hours? Wow. Hatzlacha

amother
Bisque

Post Wed, May 17 2017, 5:28 pm
What is the expected salary per hour for a bcba in New York City? How much are agencies paying?

amother
Jetblack

Post Wed, May 17 2017, 5:30 pm
TTI has a BCBA program, and I think they can also tell you about salary, etc.

amother
Jetblack

Post Wed, May 17 2017, 5:48 pm
Actually, they're having an event this Sunday and the frum ABA/BCBA agency, Proud Moments, will be there to talk about job expectations.

http://testingandtraining.com/.....nt-2/

amother
Aubergine

Post Wed, May 17 2017, 7:54 pm
I am currently enrolled in BCBA coursework. I have MS ED and aba background.
the full course work is roughly 6000, not including the books which are quite pricy, think 95 each. I am going through Sara Schenirer in FIT, the renowned school for ABA. Sarah Schenirer arranges the dates sp they work out for Yamim tovim and that's it- the degree is from FIT, the coursework etc. It is not easy. I was valedictorian of my track in the masters program and am getting high 80s/low 90s now.
Getting the aba hours are tricky because the bcba board and the LBA (if you are in nys) have two different requirements and I am still trying to figure out the training process. The state is still making changes so they are vague and unclear. I am anon but if you need I will be availabe for pm

amother
Aubergine

Post Wed, May 17 2017, 7:57 pm
Why the hug?

amother
Jetblack

Post Wed, May 17 2017, 7:58 pm
Was wondering the same thing...

amother
Aubergine

Post Wed, May 17 2017, 8:03 pm
TwinsMommy wrote:
If your master's is in education there's extra coursework before the hours? Wow. Hatzlacha
there are 6 semesters worth of courses and you need to have a thousand five hundred hours of supervision hours- and those hours have to meet a certain criteria which is not easy to fit and the criteria for the New York state hours and the bcba board hours are different then you need to pass the bcba for test as well as meet all the requirements to become a licensed behavior analyst in New York state

seeker

Post Wed, May 17 2017, 8:55 pm
If you are hoping to work in NY state, please note they have relatively recently changed their requirements. The BCBA is good enough for literally the whole world except NY! It's pretty crazy. I was seriously considering going for BCBA but when I found out how much more I'd need to add on to get both that and LBA for NY, it became a nonstarter. However, BCBA's are still doing quite well all over the place so definitely keep it on the table. It's coursework, tests, and loooooots of supervised hours for which you need to find your own supervision.

Mommybear1

Post Fri, May 19 2017, 4:32 am
Regarding going to FIT through Sara Schenirer, it is not worth it. I went to FIT directly for my BCBA and had no issues whatsoever with yomim tovim. All of the assignments are given in a window of at least one week (if not 2) and there is usually an option for lateness or a makeup. All the classes and tests are the same. Going through Sara Schenirer costs a lot more and is really not necessary.

amother
Aubergine

Post Fri, May 19 2017, 8:44 am
Mommybear1 wrote:
Regarding going to FIT through Sara Schenirer, it is not worth it. I went to FIT directly for my BCBA and had no issues whatsoever with yomim tovim. All of the assignments are given in a window of at least one week (if not 2) and there is usually an option for lateness or a makeup. All the classes and tests are the same. Going through Sara Schenirer costs a lot more and is really not necessary.

What is the cost difference?

runninglate

Post Fri, May 19 2017, 8:46 am
How did you manage to get the necessary supervision hours? I assume a program like sara schenire would help with that, no?

runninglate

Post Fri, May 19 2017, 8:47 am
To the amother doing it through Sara schenirer, could you pm me pls?

amother
Aubergine

Post Fri, May 19 2017, 8:49 am
runninglate wrote:
How did you manage to get the necessary supervision hours? I assume a program like sara schenire would help with that, no?

The actually do not provide the supervisor but they do have a list of Supervisors that you can get in contact with and they do help guide you with the process supervision hours also can cause extra depending on which supervisory or find if you find a friend maybe she'll do it for you as a favor but most charge around a hundred fifty a month

Mommybear1

Post Sun, May 21 2017, 4:35 am
Supervisors do charge but it is mostly by the hour - since every person has a different amount of hours that they put in for a month. There are live supervisors and also many online supervisors (via video supervision) I think the average is 50-80 an hour. If I am not mistaken, for the NY license the supervisor is not allowed to charge at all.

Mommybear1

Post Sun, May 21 2017, 4:42 am
amother wrote:
What is the cost difference?

I was looking into it a few years ago - I don't remember the cost difference. You can look up FIT's costs online - I think it is approx 850 a semester and there are 6 semesters. I guess just call up Sara Schenirer for their prices
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics