Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
BCBA information
Previous  1  2

livinginisrael

Post Sun, May 21 2017, 4:11 am
I'm paying 150 for a fifty minute session.

amother
Aubergine

Post Sun, May 21 2017, 2:44 pm
Mommybear1 wrote:
I was looking into it a few years ago - I don't remember the cost difference. You can look up FIT's costs online - I think it is approx 850 a semester and there are 6 semesters. I guess just call up Sara Schenirer for their prices

Price difference is not that large - sara Schenirer total is around 6000
This would be aprox 150 less per semester

amother
Aubergine

Post Sun, May 21 2017, 2:50 pm
Ok so just sorted this out- been speaking to a few people to figure out the best course of action in NYS. What it boils down to long story short, I am going to get my LBA, which is the test needed in NYS. I will get my limited permit and then be able to take test for LBA and accrue hours. In NYS you cannot earn hours until you have a limited permit which you cannot have unless you are done coursework If you plan on using your license in NYS, it depends on which college you attend. Sage college costs around 10000 and they have a setup where you can earn your hours and complete everything you need before getting a limited permit, as they are recognized in NYS. If you are going through FIT, then you cannot earn hours until you have a limited permit, so first you get limited permit and the you can earn hours. You can practice with a limited permit under a bcba.

runninglate

Post Sun, May 21 2017, 3:49 pm
Aubergine, if you don't mind pming me, would really appreciate. Have some questions for you.

runninglate

Post Wed, Jun 07 2017, 8:21 am
Still considering this field. If anyone did it or is in the process, could you pls pm me? Thanks!

amother
Ecru

Post Sun, Jul 09 2017, 3:25 pm
I am starting the FIT course this week. Anyone else?

amother
Silver

Post Wed, Jan 09 2019, 8:48 am
Bumping this up.

I’m considering doing this and want to hear more from ppl in the process, is it hard to get supervised hours? Is any of the coursework available online?

Also, does anyone know an Msw who did this, I think there is some masters level classes I would have to take as well?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics