Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
DD refuses to make #2 in toilet!!

amother
Peach

Post Tue, May 23 2017, 12:21 pm
recently trained me 2.5 year old. went really well bh, besides making #2 in toilet. she's sooo scared to let go. when she needs to go she starts crying and jumping all over and then begs for pamper. I sit her onto toilet, but she jumps right off obviously scared to let go. even when I gave her a pamper once cuz I was out on street and had no choice, she didnt make in it.
she ends up making in her panty when I dont see! im going crazy. she's in such pain!

salt

Post Wed, May 24 2017, 6:58 am
See this very recent post. Do not force her. As soon as she needs, put a diaper on her. And keep it on until she does it. Reassure her that she does not need to go in the toilet if she doesn't want to.

http://www.imamother.com/forum.....=poop

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, May 24 2017, 7:23 am
Does she say why she's scared to go? Does she know mommy goes in the toilet?

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, May 24 2017, 7:31 am
When my daughter was learning to make in the toilet, her ganenet gave us an idea too as my daughter was afraid to poo in the toilet. She told me to sit her on the toilet and give her a tight hug. She feels exposed and letting go of something that she is used to feeling after it comes out. This way she will have the reassurance that you are there and the tight hug in itself should also help her to not feel so exposed. It worked very well for us. I did that a few times and then my daughter was ok.

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, May 24 2017, 8:02 am
I am the mom from the other thread.
I feel your misery. Its really frustrating.
What seems to be working for me is instant gratification WHILE she is on the toilet. I give her whatever candy/treat/prize I was saving for the momment after to eat/hold/play with while she is on the toilet.
For the past two days it seems to be working.
Please god, it should continue.

Also I became pretty intuned to her signals of needing to go. When I see her displaying thos behaviors I sit her down on the toilet. At this point I don't trust her to tell me that she needs to go because she is still scared.
Hopefully after enough successes on the toilet she will be comfortable enough to take herself and I won't have to be so on top of it.

From the research I conducted this seems to be a pretty common problem for certain kids. So don't be to worried. Most of them catch on.

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, May 24 2017, 8:37 am
amother wrote:

Also I became pretty intuned to her signals of needing to go. When I see her displaying thos behaviors I sit her down on the toilet. At this point I don't trust her to tell me that she needs to go because she is still scared.
Hopefully after enough successes on the toilet she will be comfortable enough to take herself and I won't have to be so on top of it.

If that works for you then great. But with my son I think it was no good. As soon as I saw on his facial expression that he needed, I would whisk him off and put him on the potty. Now I look back on it, it's like rushing someone off to a place which petrifies him, without giving him reassurance or support. Like flying him into the lions den. Maybe I'm exaggerating, but I'm not sure.
Like I wrote in last week's similar post, I did a much better job on my 6th child. Just gave her a diaper till she was ready.
I don't mean to scare you. Maybe you're sitting your dd down in a more reassuring manner than I used to do.

amother
Peach

Post Wed, May 24 2017, 10:37 am
the instant gratification doesnt work. I tried that too. all she does on the toilet seat is she cries, I tried reading her some books to distract her, talking to her and explaining that everyone goes to toilet. even when she does finally make, she cry's throughout cuz shes soo scared of whats happening.
regarding putting on a pamper, im not sure about that cuz im scared shes gonna get used to the fact that if u need to make #2, u put on a pamper. when will she learn then?
My older son had similar issue, however it was alot easier to deal with cuz he refrained from using toilet all day, and would poo in his pamper at night. that went on for almost 3 years, until I decided to take his pamper off at night too. I really dont want to wait 3 years for this issue to be resolved!

Teomima

Post Wed, May 24 2017, 12:07 pm
amother wrote:
the instant gratification doesnt work. I tried that too. all she does on the toilet seat is she cries, I tried reading her some books to distract her, talking to her and explaining that everyone goes to toilet. even when she does finally make, she cry's throughout cuz shes soo scared

It seems pretty obvious to me. She's just not ready. Personally I'd put her back in a diaper full time. When she's no longer interested in wearing one at all, she'll be more ready and willing to use the toilet.

I kept my kids in diapers a long time. Never pushed the toilet, though they had plenty of "practice" sitting on potties. But when they were finally ready, it happened really quickly.

country

Post Wed, May 24 2017, 9:13 pm
my daughter refused to make even 1 in the toilet I ended up training her in baby steps.

1. give him a diaper only when he needs to make. He can only have diaper when hes in the bathroom
2. once he comfortable making in diaper in bathroom make him sit on toilet with toilet cover closed wearing a diaper.
3. Next with lid open still wearing diaper
4. when hes comfortable with that make a hole in the diaper don't tell him. The contents will end up in the toilet even though hes technically wearing diaper. show them to him after
5. after a few days my daugher had to go really bad she forget to ask you for diaper. made directly in toilet and then wasn't scared anymore

amother
Scarlet

Post Wed, May 24 2017, 9:18 pm
My DS felt safest if his feet were on the floor while pooping. If the toilet was too high I put a step stool under his feet.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training